38

Dhiren waits until after breakfast before starting the sparring sessions. If he didn't want a show he could have them just form up in partners and spar, but since they are putting on a show for the humans they are going to take it in rounds.

First, Dhiren offers to let the humans go against the guards. None are willing to put themselves against the elves. They heard what happened to the last guard that did. Some of them have seen Jessa fight bandits and fear the elves are as good.

Since the humans were content to merely watch, Dhiren has his guards start. Some of them are fairly good and make the match last more than just a few minutes. Others aren't so good and they end up losing in a very short time. Those ones are told to go off to the side and practice some more.

Finally the time comes for the match they are all waiting for. Dhiren and Jessa step into the improvised ring. "I'll give you whatever you want if you can at least fight me to a draw, Dhiren." Jessa smirks at the look that Dhiren gets at her words.

"Anything?" Dhiren smirks back.

"Yep, but you have to fight me to a draw, no complications like last time. You have to get there fair and square." Jessa says fighting the smile that wants to come out. She likes the determined look that Dhiren takes on far more than the resigned one that he'd been wearing earlier. She knows what she hopes he wants, but she's not going to make any suggestions. She already feels uncomfortable for what she pushed for last night.

Just the thought of what she did last night brings a smile to her lips and a sparkle to her eyes. As if he can read her thoughts Dhiren smirks at her. That makes Jessa blush, but also brings her head back into the game.

Just for that smirk, Jessa starts making her attack go quicker and faster. Dhiren finds himself struggling to meet her attacks.

In an effort to distract her a bit, "You never said what I would have to do or give if you win."

Jessa smirks at his effort before disarming him. "That is for me to know and you to find out. I'm not sure that you want to find out what I have in mind for you."

Dhiren isn't sure if she's just messing with him or she truly does have something nasty in mind. He had been hoping that she would want him, but then again she might not be ready for a repeat of the night before. Especially not when there are several people all around them.

"It must be your lucky day, Dhiren," Jessa says as she feels herself start to lag. She looks confused when she says this. She has no idea why she is feeling this way other than the lack of food the previous weeks and the lack of sleep.

"Why's that, Jessa?" Dhiren says, he has no time to smirk or do anything besides counter her attacks.

Neither had noticed the arrival of Kallen. He sits back and frowns as he watches the match. As Jessa slows down, Kallen frowns even more.

Jessa collapses and Kallen races to her side, but Dhiren is there first. "I didn't hit her." Dhiren tells Kallen even as he reaches Jessa and pulls her to him.

"No, but somebody did," Kallen says pointing to the rock that laid on the ground a bit away from where Jessa's body fell.

Kallen orders every one to stay where they are at before he leaves the ring and looks around. Everything is scuffed from so many people staying there overnight, making it almost impossible for Kallen to find what he is looking for.

"You were put on probation once already, now you attack Jessa for no reason?" Kallen is furious as he pulls the guard towards the prince and Jessa. One of the elves has already taken off to get a healer and bring them back to help Jessa.