51

Dhiren is up and ready to go. He has the army get prepared and the healers make sure that they have their potions secured. They all hope that they find the princess alive and healthy and hope to save many of the humans.

By breakfast they are all moving nervously, too nervous to eat.

Kallen stands tensely next to his prince when Dhiren receives the message. He looks intently at Dhiren as he reads it. Dhiren sighs and nods.

"Mount up, the fight has been started." Kallen yells out in his loudest voice. In no time the elves mount their fleet footed mounts. Within a minute all those that are to go to the fight are mounted and on their way. Only those left to the camp remain. They will have food and medical supplies waiting for any survivors that might make it.

With the reports of their spies they don't hold out much hope that there will be any survivors to help.

They send up prayers to Zira that the princess at least will make it.

Dhiren rides as fast as the wind as he heads to the fight. 

He pulls up sharply when he makes it. They all do and stare in absolute awe at the carnage that presents before them.

"There is no way in hell that there are any survivors from this." One of Dhiren's guard mutters.

It isn't Dhiren that smacks the elf, but Kristoff. Although he does it with tears in his eyes.

The healers slide off their horses and make their way to the humans that they see and help those that still live. There aren't many of them, but there are a few. Most of them, though, are beyond their help and they are only able to ease their last moments. Those, they cry silent tears over.

"Where the fuck is she?" Dhiren demands as he goes from one group of the dead and dying to the next. He barely makes sure that the enemy are truly dead before turning his back on them and moving on. He only takes that time because he doesn't wish a knife in his  back.

He moves to where the heaviest fighting is shown and finds his elven spies and loses the fight with his tears. They are all surrounded by dead enemies, all of them had killed more than ten enemies before they themselves were killed.

Yet, still no sign of Jessa or Nathan. Dhiren knows that it's just as important to find Nathan as it is Jessa.

He finds Nathan first and he falls to his knees. There is no hope for Nathan. He is obviously dead and there is no bringing the dead back.

After mourning for a few moments his lost friend he continues his search. But as time passes his hope falls.

There are exclamations from the elves as they realize just how many Jessa alone had taken out. The arrows are obviously hers. She took out all the archers on this side and as they send elves over to look over there, she had taken them out as well. Twenty archers, she killed alone, on each side. Even her loudest detractors had nothing to say to her taking so many out alone. They stare in awe as their trackers put together the story of the fight.

Twenty archers on this side, twenty on the other. Ten fighter here, five there. The humans taking out thirty before the last of them, Nathan, finally falls.

Jessa then proceeding to take on the remaining bandits. None had taken the chance to flee.

Dhiren finally locates Jessa some distance away from the last grouping of enemy dead. There is just one enemy, a large male. Dhiren can only imagine how tired Jessa must have been by the time she gets to him.

The fact that she is covered in blood, perhaps not hers, but still, she is covered.

He falls down at her side and pulls her to him. She is still alive. That's when he notices the large gash in her side. The blow must have been incredible since it broke right through her mithril armor. "Jessa, baby please wake up." Dhiren says pulling her to him and holding her even as he brushes her hair from her face.