74

Jessa is excited. It's been three years since she accepted Dhiren's proposal. He did propose to her again the following celebration as they first started hearing the music Zira sent as her moon rose in the sky. The moon flowers that dotted the clearing that was next to the spring came alive and shone. It was beautiful and when Dhiren dropped to one knee and took her hand there was no way she could say no. Not that she was going to, but that proposal was all that any girl could ask for.

Now three years later Jessa, is leading her final caravan. The gold cloth took that long to make in a large enough amount to make the wedding wrap. It also took a good portion of her earnings even with the bidding that takes place each time she places herself there to work.

She sends Mel to Silva to let Dhiren know that she will be there that night.

As she hopes he comes riding out to her on Wind before they are in sight of Silva. He is bringing Moonglow and another elf to finish guiding them through Silva so that he can take Jessa to the spring.

The caravan masters are well aware that this is likely to happen and accept it as part of her working for them. Josnick is the current master and he smiles happily at seeing the prince and Jessa reunite. He knows that this is her last caravan and he'll be sad that she's leaving but happy that those two will finally be together.

The guards are well used to the instructions upon coming to Silva and start tying the coverings over their faces even as the elf starts the spell. They are all aware that this is Jessa's last caravan and just hope that she and the prince will spar one last time for them before they leave the next day.

"Jessa, you made it in time for the celebration!" Dhiren says once they are close together. Dhiren pulls her into his arms as he slides down Wind's side.

"Yes," Jessa holds him tight. "Dhiren, tonight's the night."

Dhiren sets her back a bit, confused at her words. "Tonight's the night for what, love?"

"For us to get married." Jessa says and laughs at his stunned look.

"You mean that, Jessa?" Dhiren says pulling her into his arms once more.

"Yes," Jessa says laughing. "I have my wedding cloth with me."

With that Dhiren deflates, "I don't have mine. I thought I would have more time to prepare." He is rather sheepish when he says this.

"You've had three years, Dhiren, how much time do you need?" Jessa laughs at him. "No matter. I'm sure you can borrow your father's wrap."

"Jessa, I'm sorry. I thought you would let me know that you were preparing the cloth. I should have known you likely started preparing it in Kyron once you reached there after I proposed to you." Dhiren could kick himself for being so underprepared. He'd been praying for the day for years and now he finds that he isn't prepared for it to be here after all.

Jessa shrugs, "The clothing is a technicality. As you've reminded me, we are technically married already by Jethro and Zira. This is just a visual marriage ceremony for the elves. I know Zira is too impatient for it to happen to care if you have your own cloth. I'm sure she won't mind you using your father's."

Dhiren gives her a kiss before setting her on Moonglow and remounting Wind. They head directly to the spring that Jessa likes using to clean up. There Jessa sees something and leans down to pick it up. With amusement in her voice she hands it to Dhiren, "Well, it seems that she does mind you using your father's wrap after all." It is a gold cloth wedding wrap for the male.

"Thank you, Zira," Dhiren says giving thanks to his goddess for the expensive gift. They get in the spring to clean up and prepare for the coming celebration. For them it will be a double celebration.

"I had food sent to the clearing. I figured you likely hadn't eaten yet." Dhiren tells her as they get out and get dressed. Jessa no sooner puts on the white spidersilk tunic that Dhiren had given her three years earlier, then she's hit with an arrow.

"Jessa!" Dhiren says and pulls her close. So much blood. The arrow had hit her heart, yet she wasn't dead just yet. Dhiren prays to Zira and although it was still light out she comes. 

"Dhiren, move, I don't have much time." Dhiren reluctantly but quickly moves out of the way. Zira gently takes Jessa in her arms and speaks a healing spell as she gently works the arrow out of her. As he watches Dhiren sees the blood return to Jessa and once the arrow is removed the wound closes.

"That was close. If she hadn't of been wearing that tunic she would have died." Zira says hiding the fact that she's shaking at the close call they all just had.

"She will be ready for the celebration for tonight. She will just need to eat and rest ahead of time. I will send Sorid to help her prepare. I'll also let those that need to be there and those you wish to witness the wedding to be there. Jethro said that he'll have Nathan there to witness it as well. You might want to prepare Jessa for that. You will be able to see him, but not touch. She must not try."

"Yes, of course, Lady Zira. Thank you. Thank you for saving her and for letting her know about Nathan."

Zira smiles at her child. "But of course, Dhiren. I love her too. Not to mention that if she dies now then all is lost before the war even starts. Now, take her to the clearing and feed her when she wakes. Make sure she eats lots of meat. I'll let Alaric know what happened and make sure that he knows that she is fine." Zira says this with a grimace of distaste. Alaric isn't the easiest of people to deal with and he won't be happy to learn that Jessa nearly died on Elven lands.

That reminds Dhiren that he needs to have his trackers out to find the person that shot Jessa.

"I'll let Kallen know before I head to Alaric. He'll take care of it, Dhiren. You take care of Jessa."

Dhiren nods his head and lifts up Jessa and carefully takes her to the clearing that is already set up for the picnic he'd had planned before.