17

"Put your weapons down, unless you want to end up dead," Jessa tells the guard that tries to stop her from entering. "You should be paying more attention to the outer perimeter, not the inner one. The elves won't attack you unless you provoke them to do so. Holding weapons on them will do so."

The guard finally recognizing Jessa slowly lowers his weapons. "Seriously, you need to need put your weapon away. Holding weapons on the prince will make you dead very quickly." Jessa says to the slowly moving guard. At her words the guard drops his weapon. Only then does he see Jessa and those that are with her.

"Jessa, you are late," the voice of the caravan master calls out as he moves to where Jessa and her group stand.

Jessa turns her gaze to the caravan master and gives him a contemptuous look. "I said that I would return in the morning. The sun has yet to break the horizon."

Jessa mutters something in elvish that has the elves hiding their laughter, but not their smiles. Dhiren says something back to her and Jessa has to hold in her laughter. What Jessa says next to the prince wipes his smile off his face. "I am going to have to use your title to introduce you, Dhiren. Should I call you by name he won't respect you. This kind only respects those of higher or same authority."

Dhiren gets a grim look on his face but nods his approval. "Caravan master Dale, His highness, Prince Dhiren Silverblade, prince of the Moon elf nation.

"Prince Silverblade, caravan master Dale, he is the one that hired me to take him through Silva to Castlerock." Jessa manages to keep her disdain out of her voice, for the most part. The elves picked up on it though.

They hold back their smiles. Most of them have been on the receiving end of her disdain at one point or other.

"We will be traveling to Castlerock as well and if it is alright with you, we will join you." Dhiren says, but he says it in a manner that says that he fully expects it to be okay with the caravan master. "My guards will be able to help you guard the caravan, but I highly doubt that you will need the extra help with Jessa here."

"Yeah, right," the caravan master snorts out. "As if one female would make that much of a difference."

Only after he says that does he see the incredulous looks of the elves. That's when he starts to doubt his words.

Dhiren gives the human a smile, one of amused contempt. "We will take the day to rest and hold sparring contests between the elves and if your guards would like to join in, they will be welcome to do so. Then you will see just how good Jessa is and just how fortunate you are that she hired onto this caravan.

"My guards and any humans that feel up to sparring with us will go first. Then I will spar with any that wish and Jessa will go against the winner." Dhiren says his voice showing his amusement.

"With a few modifications, prince, you do remember our deal last night right?" Jessa asks amusement in her voice.

Dhiren replies hesitantly, "Of course." 

Jessa smirks at him and tells him in elvish, "If you lose any fight, you will kiss the female elves here." The females give bitter smiles, they all wish the prince would lose, but he never loses. They don't understand why Dhiren gets so upset. "And if I lose I will kiss the human guards." They, with the exception of Jessa are male. Dhiren gets even more upset at this since it means that he can't lose, but he can't win either. He has no desire to see Jessa kiss other males.

"Jessa," Dhiren says more than a little angry.

"What?"

"You know that you are better than I am."