32

"Dhiren?" Jessa says a bit shocked to find the prince riding his horse towards her with two others at his heels.

Dhiren smiles faintly at Jessa, "Hello, Jessa. Having fun?" Dhiren says motioning to the dried blood that covers her from head to foot.

Jessa shrugs, "Just a small nest of twenty or so bandits. I gained some news that is of import to you and your parents from them, and more from another bandit that will interest Alaric and Frosnak." At her words Dhiren loses what little smile he had and looks at Jessa pained.

"Speaking of them, we need to hurry. Mel told you who all will be at the meeting, right?" Dhiren says urgently. He motions for Jessa to get on one of the horses that he has trailing him. Sorsha is on the other one.

"Sorsha," Jessa nods to her in greeting.

"Moonglow," Jessa says in delight. She has yet had the chance to ride her.

"We need to hurry, Jessa. The others that will be at the meeting are Lady Zira, Lord Jethro, and the Ancient One." Jessa nearly slips from mounting her horse at the mention of the three deities.

"What the hell? Just what the hell is this meeting about and why is Sorsha here?"

"Sorsha will be taking over your guarding duties. Let's go." Dhiren urges her to lead the way to the caravan so that Jessa can turn her guiding duties over in front of the others of her caravan.

"As for the other question, I have no more idea what the meeting is about than you do." Dhiren says even as they ride fast back to the caravan.

Jessa is wondering why Sorsha is giving her dark looks. Last time she saw Sorsha she was trying to make friends. Now she is either giving her nasty looks or ignoring her. Either way, Jessa doesn't have time for the temperamental girl.

It doesn't take them long to reach the slow moving caravan.

"Jessa? Prince Dhiren, welcome," Nathan says walking up to welcome the newcomers.

"Listen, Nathan, Josnick, this is Sorsha she is one of Prince Dhiren's personal guards. She will be taking over guiding the caravan from here to the chosen campsite on the other side. I have been summoned to the royal palace to a mandatory meeting. There are going to be some other politicians there so I'm likely to be locked in the meeting all bloody day long. I'll be staying in Silva for the night, but if the meeting doesn't take extra long I should be there in the morning."

"Since you will be staying over night, I'll be having food from Silva sent out to you for dinner and breakfast both. Should the need arise I'll provide food for the other meals as well. 

"Should all go well, we might have the opportunity for a sparring match between Jessa and myself. If the meeting goes as we hope my guards will be sparring as well. If that happens then the guards will be allowed to spar as well." Dhiren holds in his smile when he says this. Even Kristoff has gotten better since the last public sparring match.

Jessa rolls her eyes at his words. She faces the guards that are now milling not far from them waiting for whatever news Jessa has to tell them. "Okay, listen up. I have been summoned by the royals to a meeting. Since I won't be able to guide you, Prince Dhiren here has graciously sent one of his personal guards to guide you through Silva and set up camp on the other side. If I find out that any of you have been less than respectful to her, I'll deal with you when I get back, if she hasn't kicked your ass herself, that is.

"If any of you do anything to make it so that the writ I have been given might be revoked you will wish that the elves had killed you if they don't.

"In order to avoid that listen and listen well. You will be blindfolded as you go over the border into Silva. Once you are, take hold of one of the pack animals and don't let go. If for what ever reason you lose hold, don't move. One of the elves will guide you back to the caravan. If you move you might be taken for someone that is spying and they will take measure to deal with you harshly.

"Nathan has been given permission previously to enter Silva with a guide and so he and Sorsha will both be guiding the caravan. You will be safe as long as you follow the directions. I don't want to have to deal with any messes when I get back. Having to stay in meetings makes me irritable, having to deal with idiots that can't follow directions on top of that will make me very angry."

The guards look her over and notice the dried blood that they missed the night before and decide that they don't want her anger directed onto them.

"Oh, one last thing. Sorsha doesn't like talking common and so she will only be communicating with Nathan and Master Josnick. Make sure that you go through them if you have any questions."

"Good luck, Jessa, that's a beautiful horse you are riding." Josnick tells her admiring Moonglow.

"Yes, she is, isn't she? I'm glad I'll finally be able to ride her." Jessa doesn't say anything else and nods to Nathan before mounting and leaving the caravan behind. Dhiren doesn't take long to follow her.

They run their mounts hard to Silva's borders then slow down so that their mounts won't trip. Even so, they make it to the palace in short order. Jessa dismounts and praises Moonglow until ostlers come out to take the mounts from her and Dhiren.

"Jessa," Dhiren says rather pained as they enter the palace. Jessa looks around curiously. She hasn't been in here since she was an infant.

"Yes, Dhiren?"

"Follow me to your chambers, just don't be angry with me. Mother chose them, not me." Dhiren says more than a little anxious, because he's fairly sure that Jessa won't be happy with the rooms that she was assigned.

They stop in front of a set of doors. "Why would I be angry with you, Dhiren?"

Dhiren throws open the door and ushers her in. "She assigned you the Princess's suite." Jessa looks around and is awed at the room. "Your bathing chamber is through that door there. Later after the meeting, if you wish, there is a private courtyard for you to enjoy your own garden." Dhiren says leaning into her. He can't help himself.

"Forgive me, Jessa," Dhiren says then starts kissing her neck.

"Fuck, sorry, Jessa. I know you don't want me to do stuff like that any more. You need to bathe, I'm sure that either your grandfather, Frosnak or my mother will have appropriate clothing for you for when you are finished.

"Would you like me to send in a maid to help you clean up?"

Jessa shakes her head. She finds herself blushing as she replies, "I'd rather have your help."

Dhiren's whole face lights up. He goes out the door and tells a servant to have his formal clothing brought to her room before returning to help her bathe.

"Thank you, Jessa." Dhiren isn't going to question her wanting his assistance, but he's not going to turn down the chance to be that close to her.