42

Dhiren falls asleep after eating and doesn't wake for some time. It is actually Jessa that wakes Dhiren more than twenty-four hours later. "Hey, you're awake," Dhiren says as he finds himself looking at Jessa's face.

Jessa smirks, "And now, so to, are you. What happened?"

"You had contracted the same disease that Jethro's wife had died from. It is still unknown how it happens, why or where it goes. There is no way to save those that get it."

"Then how am I still here?"

"We did a dangerous thing, I cut your arm and it made it so that the Ancient One had to lick it to heal. The healing gave your blood enough of a boost to heal you. But it's not enough to turn you after all, so you should be alright now. Still won't be full dragon."

"Good, I don't feel like being a dragon yet." Jessa says teasing him a bit.

"You scared me nearly to death, Jessa." Dhiren tells her as he sits up and looks at her lovingly. "I never want to go through that again."

"I have no control over when I get sick, Dhiren." Jessa tells him as she rolls her eyes. 

"I don't mean that, of course you have no control over when or what illness you get. I just was saying, I don't think I can take you nearly dying on me like that again." Dhiren says leaning over her and giving her a kiss.

"Are you hungry, Jessa?" Dhiren then asks her and sits up slowly.

"Yeah, I feel like I haven't eaten in days," Jessa says as she sits up.

"Well, it has been unless you woke up earlier?"

"No, I just woke up and decided that you needed to wake up as well." Jessa smirks at Dhiren teasingly.

Dhiren grabs her and pulls her down for a kiss. "You can wake me up anytime, Jessa." Dhiren growls afterwards. He decides he likes the kiss and so gives her another, "That was the best wake up I've ever had."

Jessa is unable to speak, but nods her head in accordance. She rather liked it as well. She liked waking up and finding him next to her, like the night before, well the one before they left Silva. That one was very nice. 

She wonders if Dhiren would like to give an encore of that night any time soon?

"Jessa?" Dhiren says worriedly when she doesn't respond the first couple of times.

"What? Sorry, I was just thinking about the night before the sparring match." Jessa blushes a very deep red.

This amuses but interests Dhiren greatly, "Oh, and what were you thinking about?"

Jessa blushes an even deeper red and pulls Dhiren down and whispers in his ear. She's far too embarrassed to say it out loud and if he's not interested she doesn't want to see the rejection on his face.

Dhiren, far from rejecting the idea is more than willing to do a repeat performance right then and there and proceeds to show her. That is until growling from both their stomach reminds them that they haven't eaten for some time. Pulling back, Dhiren sighs, "I'll be more than happy to continue after you've eaten, love. I don't want to be responsible for you being ill when you are still recovering."

Shortly after he says this and lies back down there is a knock at the door. Alaric sticks his head in and looks over at them. Seeing that they are both awake he comes in fully. "Ahh, good you both are awake. The elves were starting to get a bit worried about you, Dhiren. I told them you were just tired and needed to catch up on some rest, but they are a bit anxious that you haven't awakened just yet. They will be pleased that you are up now."

Alaric beams at his granddaughter, "I'm glad to see that you are awake as well. Would you like to come down and join us for breakfast, or would you rather have breakfast in bed? I will be keeping you on bed rest for the rest of the day, but if you wish to join us, Dhiren or myself will carry you down to the dining room."

Jessa turns to Dhiren and teases him a bit. "Are you sure you can carry me?"

Dhiren smirks, "Yeah, I'm sure. Come on, Princess, I'll give you a ride down." Dhiren stands up and turns around. "Unless you'd prefer me to carry you in my arms?"

Jessa smirks back, "I'd rather ride, thanks."

Dhiren says just so that she can hear, "I'd rather I ride you." At first Jessa didn't understand but when she did she was back to being a very deep red and her face was giving off a great deal of heat.

"Stop with the bedroom talk and save it for later when you come back to the room. Right now there are several hungry people waiting to eat." Alaric says a bit acidly, although he is pleased that the two seem to be doing well together.

Alaric leads the way out of the room and Dhiren follows behind with Jessa on his back.

"So, Dhiren, what will you be doing today?" Jessa asks as they make their way downstairs.

"I'll be spending my day with you, to make sure that you stay in that bed. I'll figure some way to entertain you," Dhiren says with a smirk that she couldn't see, but could hear.

"Don't you have things to do here?" Jessa demands almost irritatedly.

"Yeah, but they can wait, the human king is likely to be a pain in the ass about seeing me any way. I'll get my name put on the waiting list for an audience and likely be kept waiting for several days. I'll see Frosnak about the financial arrangements after I head up to the castle. 

"I'd rather spend my time with my lovely fiancee while I have the time to spend with her and not have her off on one of her trips."

Jessa raises her eyebrow, "Fiancee?"

Dhiren stops before entering the dining room. "Listen, Jessa, according to Jethro we are married. I won't consider us as such until you are willing to marry me and then we will need to have an elven marriage with either Sorid or one of Zira's priestesses presiding. We don't have to have a large wedding, but we do need to have it official.

"Until then I will consider you my girlfriend or fiancee." Dhiren moves her hair from her face. "I would prefer to consider you my fiancee."

"We're married already?" Jessa says stricken.

"According to Jethro, yes, from what I understand we might as well be with Zira, since our souls seem to have united when we danced to Zira's music. We just haven't mated by flying as dragons and that can't happen until you turn and then if I am able to make the turn as well."

"Wow, I guess I just wasn't paying very good attention at the meeting." Jessa says weakly as she leans against Dhiren for support.

"Yeah, well you kinda had a lot of information thrown at you all at once at that meeting." Dhiren turns her to him and looks at her worriedly. "You aren't upset are you? It has kind of taken away your right to tell me to go to hell."

Jessa shakes her head, "No, but I'm still not ready to be officially known as your wife."

Dhiren smiles sadly, "I know. I will work on making it safe for you to stay in Silva while we get to know each other. After all it has just been a short time since we first officially met and you be old enough to talk."

Jessa gives him a weak smile in return.

"You will continue to work for as long as you wish. Once you are ready for more, just let me know. I will do my best to make time for traveling with you on some of your trips. Otherwise it will take forever to get to know each other.

"I would also like it if you would perhaps take some time off and come visit us? Let me know if you are wanting some time off and I can travel here if you'd prefer."

Jessa looks searchingly into Dhiren's eyes and finally nods, "Yeah, I'd like that." With that the two head into the dining room and are greeted warmly by the occupants that are gathered there.