19

Kallen leaves once he finds out that Jessa will be able to attend the send off. "I'll let you know when to come." 

Jessa nods, she fully expects it to be that night as the moon rises, that's usually when the send off's take place.

"I'll also arrange for a proper try out for the body guards. After seeing their performance I have to agree with you, Jessa, they aren't ready for this job. They have the potential, at least some of them do, but they aren't there yet. I'll make sure that Snodgrass is aware that he is on probation for his actions or lack thereof. He broke protocol when he chose those that he favored over those that are worthy." This makes Kallen very angry, this borders on traitorous actions and could have proven fatal for their prince.

"You are in good hands with Jessa, Prince. I'll come my self in a few days to escort you home." Kallen assures the prince.

"Very well, although I don't think that will be necessary, general." Dhiren tries to reassure his spooked and angry general. He himself is angry over the happenings this day, although it made it possible for him to continue courting Jessa. He doesn't like that he lost two of his people though.

Jessa has had enough, she bids her father goodbye and tells them that she is going to go ranging out to make sure that there aren't others nearby.

Kallen is amused that Dhiren quickly makes his farewells as well and disappears with Jessa. The rest of the guard scramble to catch up to the two and Kallen just watches in amusement.

"Excuse me?" The caravan master hesitantly goes up to the only remaining elf there. He believes that the elf is someone of rank the way he had been talking to the prince. "Hi, my name is Dale and I'm caravan master here. I just need to know if we are going to be held responsible for the attack against Jessa and his highness?" There is no doubt that the man is terrified that they will be.

Kallen hides his feelings behind a blank mask. "No, if there had been any indication that you had had any part in the attack you would be dead already. Jessa doesn't miss what she aims at and she is more than a little pissed at the injury she's taken."

Kallen narrows his eyes. "She told us that there is a great deal of doubt as to her abilities as a guard. In gratitude for her saving your asses by saving the prince you should make sure that all the other caravan masters know of her capabilities and competence she's shown you here today. 

"Some of your animals need attention, I'll have a healer sent out to look them over and find out what's wrong with them. If I was you, I would rest them and use others for the next trip north. It's up to you though." Kallen says callously. He doesn't like how worn out the animals look. He's glad that the man has granted them the extra day of rest. 

Kallen sneers at the human as he returns to Silva. He loses his sneer and it turns to anger at how close they came to losing Dhiren. If it hadn't been for Jessa's fast thinking or rather fast acting movements they would be holding a send off for Dhiren. That arrow was aimed for his heart. Jessa had felt the enchantment, it would have gone straight through the prince's armor. He needs to find out just who the hell sent out the assassins against their prince.

Jessa revels in the freedom away from all the people. She is rather pleased to find that Dhiren is able to keep up with her and is just as silent. She isn't so pleased by the noise some of the guards make. She sneaks up on those ones and threatens them with their lives if they don't learn how to move silently in the next ten seconds.

Amazingly enough, after that they were able to move more covertly.

As she moves, Jessa is constantly on the look out for evidence of bandits or other groups that are about. Groups like the ones that snuck to Silva's border and managed to kill the two elves that were patrolling there.