Thirty-seven

Chapter 37

Yvan

"I don't really know if I should be the one who'll tell you this, Mr. Allejos."

"What do you mean?"

"Your Aunt requested me to not tell you anything. But I guess you're old enough to know."

"Know what?"

"You were not alone in that incident."

I don't really get what attorney told me but somehow I have an idea of what she's talking about. Naalala ko iyong napanaginipan ko. I was with a woman that night. Ibig sabihin ay may kasama ako nang nangyari ang insidenteng iyon. My question is, who's that woman? Where is she right now?

I asked attorney about it but she refused to tell me more. Ang sabi niya ay puntahan ko raw si Tita at sa kanya magtanong. At iyon ang ginagawa namin ngayon. Kasama ko si Jao at papunta kami sa bahay ni Tita, ang kapatid ni papa na siyang nag-alaaga sa'kin nang mamatay si papa.

There's nothing much that changed in here just like I remember, except that right now, I am with Jao and am planning to introduce him to her. I don't know what reaction will I get but I hope this will turn out good and easy for us.

"Will everything be okay? Ngayon lang ako kinabahan ng ganito." Napahinto ako sa paglalakad at hinarap si Jao. He's clutching the hem of my shirt while looking at the house in front. We're still standing at the gate and I can feel his nervousness right now.

"Love, it's okay. Mabait naman si tita." ani ko sa kanya. Hindi ko alam kung epektibo ba ang sinabi ko dahil kahit ako man ay nakakaramdam ng kaonting kaba. This is my first time introducing a lover to a family and I didn't expect that it'll be a man. Tita didn't expect this too, for sure.

I reached for Jao's hand and intertwined it with mine. I lightly squeezed his hand and met his gaze.

"You have me, okay? I am not sure of how will this turn out but whatever will happen, we're still together." Jao nodded then heaved a sigh.

"That doesn't help at all to be honest." I chuckled at him and he shook his head while smiling.

I opened the gate and went to the front door then knocked. Sa tingin ko mag-isa parin si Tita sa bahay na ito. She's not that old anyways but it must be sad living alone. Base on experience. After a few more knocks, the door was opened by a woman on her fifties. Surprised was written on her face when she saw me. I smiled at her.

"Yvan!" she exclaimed and immediately jump on me for a hug. I hugged her back and chuckled. "Ang tagal mong hindi dumalaw," aniya sa'kin nang kumalas na ito sa yakap. She pouted as if she's upset. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"I'm sorry Tita. Naging busy lang po," sabi ko sa kanya.

"Busy? Baka may girlfriend ka na ah! You should bring her here so I can meet her," I didn't expected her remark. I worriedly looked at Jao and just like me, he's stunned too. "Sino ba 'tong kasama mo?" tanong niya.

"Yeah, ahm. This is Jao my—

"Friend," putol ni Jao sa sasabihin ko. My eyebrows knitted as i glanced at him. He just smiled and looked at my Aunt, avoiding my gaze. "Nice to meet you po," aniya sa tita ko. They both shook hands.

"Come on in. Dito tayo sa loob mag-usap," anyaya ni Tita Pinaunlakan naman namin ito at pumasok kami sa loob ng bahay niya. Her house is not that big nor small. Tama lang para sa isang tao, sa tingin ko. We went to the living room and she invited us to take a sit. "Diyan muna kayo at kukuha ako ng maiinom," paalam niya bago umalis at tumungo sa kusina. This is the house that I once lived on.