Forty

Chapter 40

Jao

I am really not sure about already gaining the acceptance of Yvan's Aunt. But I know that I told her what she needed to hear. I did my part, come what may then.

"Paano tayo tatakas?" Napatingin ako kay Yvan. He looks around before turning back to me. "There's no escape except for that door. We can actually beat them but we're tied," dagdag pa niya.

"It's fine. We can escape. Sandali nalang," kalmado kong sagot. Yvan's eyebrows knitted at me.

"I don't get it." We were both occupied with silence when suddenly Yvan's expression changed as if he realized something. "Ahhh...I get it already. Okay." I chuckled at him and shook my head.

Later on the door slammed open then Philip and Faith went inside. They're not composed like a while ago, they're like agitated or something. Basta't ang alam ko may hindi magandang nangyayari. Yvan and I stared at the both of them as they walked towards us. May hawak-hawak si Faith na folder at sa tingin ko alam ko ang laman no'n. Faith walked near Yvan and Philip to me. I was caught off-guard when Philip pointed his gun to my head. Yvan's eyes widened as he looked at me. He glared at Philip but the latter just chuckled.

"Sign this and we're done here." My eyes averted to Faith when she showed the folder to Yvan. Yvan glared at his stepmother. "What the fuck is that?" he asked, already pissed.

"Papers. You'll transfer everything on my name. Pull out the case you filed and we're done," Faith answered.

"Why would I do that?"

Napasigaw ako nang malakas nang pinukpok ni Philip and baril sa ulo ko. Napayuko ako dahil sa ginawa niya. My head throbbed because of what he did and I felt slightly dizzy that made me close my eyes. Fuck, that seriously hurts.

"You fucker!" Yvan hissed.

"Now, now, shall we proceed?" said Faith.

Napapikit ako ng mariin at tiniis ang sakit sa ulo bago ako nag-angat ng tingin kay Yvan. Faith started untying the rope encircled on Yvan's body.

"Isang maling galaw mo lang at sabog ang ulo nito," ani Philip. Yvan glared at him then his gaze went to me. His face softened and worry's visible on his eyes. I met his eyes and tried to convey a message saying that I am fine.

Faith finished untying the rope. Nakatali parin ang binti ni Yvan at tanging ang itaas na bahagi lang ng katawan niya ang kinalagan. Faith handed him the folder which he received with his gripping hands. I watched Yvan opened the folder before Faith gave him a pen.

"I want to clarify something," said Yvan. He raised his head and faced his stepmother who's looking down at him. "You were just after my father's wealth, am I right? You didn't really love him." Everyone went silent. Napatingin ako kay Faith at nakita itong ngumisi.

"Yes. You are right," she answered without any hint of hesitation instead, she looks proud of it.

"And about Philip. May girlfriend siya noon at ikaw naman ay asawa ng papa ko. May relasyon kayong dalawa hindi ba? Kaya kayo nagtutulungan ngayon." I froze after I heard what he said. I didn't know any of that. Ang akala ko ay parehong yaman lang ni Yvan ang habol nila. "I caught the two of you that's why you planned on disposing me. But I guess it didn't go as what you planned dahil dumating ang mama ni Jao," he shot a short glance at me before looking back at Faith. "When I returned safely, you pretended that you are not behind of it. I was traumatized and was silent for weeks kaya naging madali sayo. My father found out didn't he? That the two of you are behind of it. Kaya mo siya nilason at pinagtakpan ang nangyari?"