Thirty-eight

Chapter 38

Yvan

FLASHBACK

My head's spinning and throbbing hard when I forced myself to stand up. I stumbled on my feet when I feel so weak on lifting my body. I breathe deeply and gulped as I scanned the area. The place was full of dust and broken things. Medyo madilim ang paligid at tanging maliit na ilaw lang ang meron. Where am I? Sa tingin ko isa itong basement. Ngunit saan ito?

I stopped scanning the area and immediately looked at my side when I heard someone winced. My face formed a worried expression when I saw a woman lying on the ground. I crawled closer to her and reached for her face. Dahan-dahan kong inalis ang nakaharang niyang buhok sa kanyang mukha. Nang magawa ko iyon ganoon nalang ang gulat ko dahil sa nakita.

"Ma'am Janine!" I cried in horror. Her face is covered with blood, dripping from her head. Is she alive? Why is she here? "M-Ma'am?" I called, shaking her shoulders. Nakahinga ako ng malalim nang makita itong huminga ng malalim. Kumunot ang noo niya at pinilit buksan ang mga mata. I watched her as she opened her eyes and met mine. She winced in pain as she tried to get up. Inalalayan ko siya hanggang sa makasandal ito sa pader at maupo. She looked at me and scanned my body.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded at her and stared at her bleeding head.

"Your head..." I pointed out.

"I'm fine. We should get out of here." Akma siyang tatayo ngunit hindi natuloy dahil agad rin itong natumba. I stand up and searched for something to wipe the blood off her head. Nakakita ako nang isang punit na damit doon na hindi karumihan. Agad ko iyong kinuha at bumalik kay Ma'am Janine. Lumuhod ako sa harap niya at marahang pinunasan ang dugo na nagkalat sa kanyang mukha.

"Bakit po kayo nandito?" tanong ko sa kanya. As far as I remembered, I was the only one that they got. Ganoon nalang ang gulat ko nang makita si Ma'am Janine dito. I heard her chuckled which made my eyebrows meet in confusion. She ruffled my hair.

"I saw you being kidnapped so I followed you. I am a police right?" she chuckled again. "But they caught me and here I am." I don't know what to say so I looked down.

"I-I'm sorry," I said lowly. My face was lifted when Ma'am Janine reached for it and cupped my cheeks. She smiled at me and at that moment I felt so secured and I couldn't explain why. Is this how a mother usually looks at their son? Ma'am Janine and I aren't close but every time she visit our house to meet my father for some business, she's always good to me. She's treating me better than my stepmother. Hindi ko alam kung bakit niy aiyon ginagawa ngunit hindi naman ako nagrereklamo dahil aaminin ko na gusto ko ang pinaparamdam niya sa'kin.

Our moment were cut off when the door opened and someone entered the room. Napalapit ako kay Ma'am Janine at dumikit sa kanya nang makita ang isang lalaki na pumasok. He silently walked towards us and without a word he pulled me away from Ma'am Janine.

"Where are you taking him?!"

"Ma'am!"

Sa oras na iyon hindi ko inakala na sa paglabas ko ng pintuan ay mararanasan ko ang bagay na babago sa'kin. I was dragged upstairs and pushed inside another room. Three men went inside too and stared at me with a weird look that a child at my age won't understand. It was that moment that I experienced being molested and touched sexually. I was harassed to the point that I want to die already. I cried a river and passed out.

Help. I need someone...

I woke up with a formidable pain on my back and my butt. Nalukot ang mukha ko dahil sa naramdamang sakit. Sinubukan kong gumalaw ngunit may pumigil sa'kin.