Epilogue

Epilogue

Jao

Today's a fine day and a time to remember. This will be one of the memorable days of my life. How long has it been? I've never thought of this day to come. I feel so emotional at this moment and it's so uncool.

I looked at myself in the mirror and tied up my necktie. I once again checked my hair and made sure that everything's in place.

"Tara na po," ani ng babae sa akin. I nodded at her and immediately followed her. When we arrived at the place the cold breeze welcomed me. The cold and salty air met my face that I held myself not to close my eyes. That would be weird since there are so many people here.

I quickly positioned myself in front. Everyone's getting ready and are just waiting for the ceremony to finally start. As for me, I don't why I am feeling nervous with this. I guess this is normal for me to feel.

Later on, everyone prepared themselves. A wedding bell rang and then a wedding march was played live. My eyes are fixated at the aisle as one by one, they started walking. They're all smiles and everyone's feeling excited for the last one to walk. After the last pair's walk, the music changed. A song was played on a piano and anyone who'll hear it will get emotional. I got goosebumps as I took a glimpse at last to the person walking on the aisle, holding a bouquet.

Hindi ko pinutol ang pagtingin sa kanya hanggang sa nakarinig ako ng pagsinghot. Napatingin ako sa lalaki sa gilid ko. I looked at him, almost chuckling.

"Dude are you crying?" I asked. He immediately wiped the tears on his eyes.

"Fuck you, she's so beautiful," Francis answered. I chuckled at him and then nodded.

"I know. Take care of her, okay?"

"No worries man. I will."

I smiled and then looked back at Seraphine who's now in front of us, being escorted by his father. Francis and Sera's father hugged each other bago niya pinaubuya si Sera kay Francis. I walked to Sera and hugged her tight. I heard her sniffed. They're really so much alike.

"You look beautiful," I said in between our hug.

"As I always am." Napailing ako sa sinabi nito. I pulled back and faced her.

"So cocky."

"We'll wait for your turn Jao. Don't let us down," she said before she went to Francis. I watched them as they both walked in front of the altar. I went to my place as the ceremony started. When I was already seated, I glanced at my side and searched for him. Our eyes met and he smiled at me. I chuckled and signed to look in front. Tumingin ako sa harap at pinanuod ang pag-iisang dibdib ng mga kaibigan ko.

Weddings are really beautiful yet scary to some. It will bring a great happiness on your heart. It will stir up your internals and it feels like your whole system's hyped to the moment. In front of the altar. In front of our family and friends, you and your lover will become one and promise a forever to spend. Build a family after and spend the rest of your lives with each other. How beautiful could it be to marry the person you love and who loves you too?

A picture flashed on my mind. It was Yvan's smiling face, looking at me as we're holding hands, walking in an aisle. I felt my heart raced at the thought. I guess it will really be a beautiful wedding.

The ceremony went on and now we're be able to witness Francis and Seraphine's exchange of vows.

I listened carefully at them. I took a quick glimpse of Yvan and he's also looking in front, focusing.