right here with you • c. hudson

Chase POV

I have to find Molly. I've look all over this god damn house I swear to god. I swear she's not here, but I know she is.

Ryland said he saw her, so did Nick, but she's nowhere to be found.

She couldn't find me, and now she's just... gone.

"She has to be somewhere." Kouvr says, crossing her arms. I grip onto my hair, looking at the ground as I pace.

"And yet, WE CAN'T FIND HER! SEE! THIS IS WHY WE DIDN'T NEED A GOD DAMNED MANSION!" I know I'm getting angry, but my girlfriend is somewhere in this house, alone, after getting the news that her last living relative, her idol, her older brother James, is dead. My girlfriend, who has serious depression.

And we have a huge mansion with a million rooms.

"Okay, okay, I know Chase, we all know. We need to find her. But freaking out isn't going to help." Thomas says. Nick paces on the other side of the room, Kouvr sitting on the bed, staring at the floor. Olivia and Ryland are looking around the house still.

Everyone else went out. So it's the six of us searching the whole house.

"Well what the hell else are we supposed to do! I-" Thomas cuts me off, holding up his hand, as he answers his ringing phone.

"Yeah?"

"Really? Okay, yeah he's coming." Thomas hangs up and says the words that send me sprinting,

"Behind the couch, in the movie room." I run down the hallway and through the house to the room, carefully walking in. I see Olivia, who signals towards the back before quietly leaving. I hear the light sobs that I hear so often, the ones that break my heart every time.

You don't understand how painful it is to hear the person that you love more than anything in this world cry.

"Hey baby? Can I come over?" All I get back are the same sobs so I don't stop walking, reaching her and crouching down in front of her to her left.

"Ch-Chase?" She whimpers, still crying.

"Yeah, it's me baby," I sit down, pulling her up into my lap, "Here, I've got you. I've got you, Molly." I wrap one arm around her waist the other holding her head close to my chest.

"Th-they're all gone bubba. They're just g-gone." She keeps crying, gripping my shirt.

"I know, we're gonna figure it out baby, it's going to be okay." I kiss her temple, trying to calm her down.

"But it should've been me. Chase, it should be me. They don't deserve to be gone, I do!" She starts screaming, sobbing in panic.

"No, no, shh, you're here, with me, and we're going to get through this baby, I know it's going to be hard. But you deserve to be here. You get to live your life. And I'm right here with you, okay? Always." I squeeze her harder than ever, reassuring myself that she is in fact here. I don't think I could live without her. No, I know I couldn't.

"What am I going to do Chase? I'm all alone! James was supposed to move out her and live with me. This was supposed to be temporary, and now I'm gonna be this huge burden to all of you, and-" I cut her off by grabbing the sides of her face and pressing a kiss to her lips.

"Baby, never in all your life have you or will you be a burden to me or anyone in this house. We love you, okay?" She looks into my eyes cautiously, making sure I'm serious.

"Okay... I love you Chase," she buried her head into my chest, her tears still streaming. I lean down and kiss the top of her head again.

"I love you too baby," and I mean that. And I will not give up. "Hey baby?"

"Hmmnnmm?" she answers, her voice muffled in my chest.

"You wanna watch a movie?"

"No."

"Whyyyy noootttt"

"Because I'm not watching Star Wars or a horror movie right now."

-

Hey I know this one is a little darker than usual, but I hope you liked it. Let me know what you think and what else you'd like to see! Comment or DM me!

Also comment and vote to let me know if you liked it.

Thank you for reading!