game • k. cyr

requested by Astrolitc

Mara POV

I shoot up, feeling my clammy hands fly to my right, only feeling the cold sheets, as tears keep falling down my face

I want Kio.

I look around my room in my half , half panicked state, only seeing darkness and the faint fuzzy shapes of our things. I realize by the softened yelling that I hear from downstairs that none of them when to bed. They're all downstairs playing video games.

I reach around and turn on a lamp, sitting up in bed as I grab my phone. I sniffle, wiping the tears away that keep falling, images flashing through my head still from the nightmare.

I have 1,245 instagram notifications from the picture I posted last night:

I look at the time and is 3:19 am. I shiver, and look around.

I don't want to go back to sleep.

I carefully swing my legs over the side of the bed, wiping my eyes again, taking a shuddering breath in through my crying, trying to calm myself before I go downstairs. I don't want to bother them, I'm just going to get some water I guess.

As I carefully open the door, the bright lights from the TV downstairs shine up towards my face, startling me. I walk down the stairs, shakily as I try to be quiet. I can hear the boys yelling at the tv and each other, having fun. It sounds like it's just Griffin, Quinton, and Kio.

I carefully tiptoe to the kitchen, from which I can see the boy's heads.

I grab my water bottle that I left down here before, suddenly, there's a loud scream and a crash from their game. All three of the boys cheer, laughing, but I jump and feel my body start to shake again.

I let out a sniffle as I try to silently stop the tears dripping down my cheeks.

-

His fist connects with my stomach as I fall to the ground.

"Pathetic," he spits, standing over me as I curl into a ball, shaking as tears poor out.

"Plea-ease Cal, I didn't mea-" I cry out as his foot hits me again.

-

"Mar? When did you- Mara are you okay!?" I'm snapped out of my flashback, seeing Kio standing in front of me, concern filling his eyes when he sees me crying, realizing that the sounds that altered him of my presence were the whimpers still escaping my mouth.

"I- I" I try to explain but just end up shaking my head, falling forward into his open arms which squeeze my shaking form tightly.

"Shhhhh baby, it's okay. See, I've got you. We're good." I just cry into his shoulder silently, feeling like his arms around me are holding me to this moment, keeping my memories, my trauma, at an arms length.

I can hear the game still going in the other room as Kio gently picks me up, my legs going around his waist. He walks into the other room, still holding me as he sits down.

He kisses the top of my head as he reached is arms around me, grabbing his controller.

Neither of the other two boys say anything, continuing with their game, even as Kio turns the volume down. I bury my face into his chest as I grip his shirt, trying to sync my breaths with his heart beat as I start to calm down, relaxing.

I mutter, "I love you Ki," under my breath as her continues playing and my eyes fall closed slowly. As I feel my consciousness drift off to sleep, I hear him whisper,

"I love you baby, more than you know," making me smile, feeling safe.

-

Hi! I'm back! I wasn't doing great and I had family in town so I haven't updated anything in a while and I am sorry.

I loved this idea so much so I tried to write it exactly as requested.

Kio is so amazing, I swear.

I hope you liked it! Please request any ideas you have for imagines through the comments or DM me!

Thank you so much for reading!