PROLOGUE

Mia thought that her life will never get better anymore after graduating from law school, passed the bar exam, and became the most known attorney in the country. But she thought wrong. Her life changed 360° after that one unexpected scenario in her life that made her shiver, be shocked, and feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Car accident po ma'am." The traffic enforcer answered her questions. She was stunned because it is unusual to have a road accident here in Cavite, specifically in Bacoor because the traffic and the traffic enforcers themselves were tight and hard.

She thanked the man and rolled her windows up again. She slowly moved her car when the car in front of her advanced. The car in front of her stopped once again, so she has to stop as well. While waiting for the traffic to ease, Mia looked outside as she was actually near the accident area.

There she saw a man, lying on the ground, blood flowing out from his mouth and head. The man is near to lost his consciousness. Dahil sa nakita ay hindi maiwasan ni Mia na makaramdam ng takot. Takot para sa buhay na maaaring mabawi ng dahil lang sa pagkakamali ng isang tao.

Without any second thoughts, Mia reached for her rosary and utter a short prayer for the life and safety of the man she barely knew. Nang matapos magdasal ay ibinalik ni Mia ang rosaryo sa compartment ng kaniyang sasakyan at muling tinanaw ang binata.

Her lips parted when she saw the same exact guy she saw three months ago. The guy who's bleeding and almost out of life. The guy that she prayed for safety. The guy who died and now is looking for justice that she has to give.

Hindi makapaniwalang tinignan niya ang lalaki na nakaupo sa sasakyan niya. She blinks numerous times and even slaps her face hard. Baka kasi nananaginip lang siya, it's only five in the morning. But no, the man is still seating on her car's backseat, looking shocked as well.

"Nakikita mo ako?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong nito sa babae. Buong akala ni Ken ay nakabalik siya sa cremation house at sila Denise na naman ang gumigising sa kaniya.

Nag-antay si Ken na may lumabas na salita rito, pero nanatili itong tahimik at muling sinara ang pinto at tumatakbong bumalik sa loob ng bahay nito.

Ken didn't know how it happened. Noong una ay kontento na siya na nakikita siya nito, but this time, having Mia hold her hands, pressed her palms on his chest just to check his heartbeat, it all felt surreal. Hindi alam ni Ken ang gagawin, same goes with Mia.

She's bewildered. Shock is an understatement of what she's feeling right now. Ken Vargas. The guy who makes his way to her mind since that accident was in front of her again. For the third time, and this time, alive and breathing.

One question lingered in Mia's mind. Will she be able to keep all of these and her pile of cases and hearing all at once, while Ken was around making her feel things she was not aware of before?