Chapter 11

4th Of July

Milan really do be bullshitting, but I'm just gon' enjoy my night. My mama was surprisingly nice to her which never happens.

To make my night worse an invited guest showed up.

"Leave Sammie." I said before she could speak. I looked back to see my family grilling her and Milan looking like she seen a ghost.

"Baby I just wanted to see you on one of our favorite holidays."

"Bitch you just about to let her disrespect you like that. You about to let your man argue with a hoe? You supposed to step in and let her know it ain't none of that!" Jalissa said to Milan who was standing there looking stupid.

"Wow! Ain't you the nurse who said I tested positive for HIV? Wow!!! David did she even tell you? Maybe y'all should get tested." Sammie said with no fear.

"You need to get in that motherfucking car little girl and not show up again ruining family functions. Dirty pussy ass hoe. Your mama need her ass beat for even raising you like this BYE!" My mama stepped in popping off before I could say anything.

"Y'all will be hearing from me don't worry." Sammie said backing down.

I looked at Milan while she looked at the ground. I ain't even bout to go there with her. But something tells me she knew Sammie was my ex and she kept that HIV shit a secret.

I watched the fireworks in peace until the family was out. I cleaned up in peace as well before heading to my man cave. I rolled up a backwood smoking me a fat ass blunt while bumping some music. I checked my appointments for the 6th of this month. I end up seeing I was booked up for the month. Folk already asking when will I post August schedule. This what I call love. I'm thinking about running a tap-out special for the tattoos and maybe a bring a friend special too. As far as the barber shop I can do a 50% off for kids and 25% off for adults and free back to school cuts. Then I got my community center. I got to buy them some backpacks, school supplies, and snacks for when they start back.

I started writing out my plan clearing some more days, so I can go on and post the August calendar with the sales. I went on and accepted some appointments on my off days since Milan bullshitting a nigga. I'm just about to grind and get that paper. I made a mental note to check on my trap too. I'm falling for Milan, but if she don't want me... I can't force her, I can be putting all that effort on expanding business. I've literally slowed down my business to try to put in time with her. She'll come around when she want, but I ain't gon' wait forever. The way she let Sammie come up to a house she lay at with me EVERY night and ain't even defend me hurts. Because if a nigga even get to close I'm airing some shit out bout her. I guess it shows though who cares for who more. I ended up smoking another blunt to clear my thoughts. When I was done I shut everything down in the man cave walking to my room. Milan was cuddling my pillow while halfway sleep eating cheeto puffs watching Martin. Her fat ass been eating nonstop today. I hopped in the shower washing today's events off my body and handling my business before throwing on some boxers.

I got in bed turning my back to her. A nigga tired and tired of games. I'm too old for the games a couple of months or not. If a motherfucker putting in time and effort to show you they want you. Shit shouldn't be hard to know what the fuck you want. I ain't getting no younger and I want a W I F E! If Milan don't want to be that then I hate to say it but I'll find someone who do. I fell asleep and woke up to Milan little arms wrapped around me with her face in my back. I just laid still for a minute before getting up.

I went to throw on some basketball shorts with a t-shirt before heading outside to exercise. A clear mind is the best mind. I ran around for about an hour and winded up in a park. I stretched and got prepared to run back home. Once I got in I grabbed me a water and headed for the showers completely ignoring Milan. I got out to see her standing at the bathroom door.

"Dave?"

"What Milan?"

"Can you talk to me?"

"About what? How you ain't ready to settle still, but letting me fuck? Move slow my ass. Oh yeah how you ain't defend me when Sammie was in a nigga face. Or maybe the fact you knew she was HIV positive."

"Dave it ain't like that!"

"SO WHAT THE FUCK IT'S LIKE THEN SOPHIA?" 

"I meant to tell you that yo so called homie ROLO was fucking with ya nasty whore ass ex."

"Oh you know more fucking information than I thought."

"THIS WHY ION WANNA SETTLE DOWN WITH YOU. LOOK HOW YOU MOTHERFUCKING ACTING. I AIN'T YOUR FEMALE TO EVEN DEFEND YOU AGAINST ANY FEMALE AND IT AIN'T MY JOB TO TELL YOU EVERYTHING. I SEE WHY YOUR EX DID WHAT SHE DID TO YOUR UNBORN."

As soon as she said that shit you see the regret in her eyes. I laughed bitterly to keep the tears from falling. That was a foul ass move to say after I opened up and she knew how bad that shit affected me. Fuck trying to wife her.

"Get out."

"Dave I-...."

"I said get the fuck out Milan we ain't got shit to discuss. We strangers at this point. I don't want shit to do with you. I'm done with whatever this shit is."

She walked out and I guess she left, because I heard her car door close. I'm back to doing me.

Author's Note

Hi my loves!

I think next chapter will be a big time jump.

How y'all feel about this chapter? The male is always wrong in EVERY book. I don't think it's right. But it's up to y'all to say who y'all think is the protagonist and the antagonist. I'm just the author.

I love y'all comments I do ! Tell me what else y'all want to see. I got the youtube comment and I like that.

Comment 💬 Vote ❤️ Share 🔁

Xoxo Your UNKNOWN AUTHOR