𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

" Canine ecology? "

The female canine announced aloud, reading the back cover of the book that her father was studying. His glasses glistened with the light once he lifted his head to look at her with a stern face.

Returning to the book, he then flipped through the pages which led her to be curious about her boyfriend, " Old man? "

A hum was earned which made her turn her head to the hallway that held the cells for patients, narrowing her eyes to a specific door;

Her own cell from long ago.

" It's been four hours hasn't it? " Her head turned back to the panda as he pushed up his glasses on his nose, glancing at the clock and back to his book which he then placed flatly onto his desk. " He's got three hours left, let's check on him. "

The daughter and father duo stepped into the hallway, headed towards where her boyfriend was held, " (Y/n), are you sure you're okay? " Gouhin perked up worried after hearing about her incident.

Her eyes flickered over to her dad and she smiled, " It was just a punch, but he got away.. So, I'm not fucking happy about that. "

" Be careful, okay kid. "

(Y/n) remained stoic, pushing herself to open Legoshi's cell where he sat. She knocked onto the door peeking through the bars with her tiptoes helping her stand. Gouhin watched her grip the door and he sighed, with ease picking up her and holding her like a doll.

" Hey, Legoshi. " She started watching him slightly struggle.

" You haven't given in the pressure, have you? " Gouhin roared which made his daughter stifle a laugh under her breath, " You better not be asleep. " She called out as they both watched him.

Legoshi remained silent, fidgeting in front of the meat with sweat coating his short fur. " Hey, are you even awake? " Gouhin questioned while the male wolf trembled with

temptations.

" Do you really think I'd be asleep when there's a slab of meat right in front of me? " Legoshi barked angrily, slowly losing his sanity as he rotted away in the cell. He grumbled aloud, " This is ridiculous. "

Gouhin chuckled not realizing his movements making his hold on his daughter swing side to side like a ragged doll, " This is your third day and you're finally showing some spunk. But it's still not enough. "

" You chose this path.

Accumulate more stress and let it burn you. "

The panda placed (Y/n) onto her feet, which allowed her to push herself against the cell door, sticking her snout through the bars announcing, " Remember, I was in your position.

You can do it, wolfie. " She finished.

The female watched his face drop from his scowl to an expression of determination as if the encouragement got to him. She slowly backed up from the door, and followed Gouhin back to the clinic to help patients.

-

" Times up, babe. "

(Y/n) opened the doors wide enough for herself to step in, her boyfriend was breathing intensely and heavily which alarmed her but he was a carnivore who had hunger before, if he weren't training maybe he would've devoured the slab of meat.

She touched his shoulders, feeling the robe damped by his sweat. Her hands immediately let go before circling him, plopping onto the ground to view him. " How are you feeling? "

" Exhausted. "

Legoshi lazily pushed himself towards the female and planted a soft peck onto her cheek as a sign of affection just for helping him get through this.

Her blank expression faded to a smile at his actions, " You should go get dressed so we can go back home. "

" Can you carry me home? " He whined, clearly joking but if she agreed he wouldn't complain.

Her (eye color) hues rolled at his words, ignoring him and stood up to her usual height then extended her small hands out to help him up.

The male's large hands collapsed into her own, grasping on their limbs and he was back onto his feet.
He leaned down, placing a kiss onto her cheeks and she returned it.

" Ahem. "

The couple pulled away, glancing to the owner of the voice and it was Gouhin; ruining the moment.

" Let the little shit get dressed, you both need to go to school. " The spotted bear called out and she rolled her eyes once more, scoffing to herself as she held her hands up in defense, allowing Legoshi to step out to retrieve his clothes.

(Y/n) and Gouhin watched the male wolf exit and the small canine barked,

" I hate you old man. "

He smacked the back of her head, exiting and she followed a few feet behind with a large pout on her face. They both walk in while Legoshi was slipping off the robe from his shoulders, " What kind of meat was it? "

Gouhin glanced down at his daughter as a sign to tell the boy and she cocked her head to the side, " It was a cheap meat I got from the black market, it came from a bactrian camel that died from an illness. " She informed him before raising an eyebrow at her boyfriend, " Why? "

Legoshi shook his head as a response, placing the robe onto the bed and reached for his shirt, slipping his arms through while the panda chuckled, " Man, do you look pale. "

" You don't look like you can go to school like that. " Gouhin finished as hell proudly wore a snarky grin.

(Y/n)'s elbow jerked its way against her father's side which he remained unfazed as she barked, " Leave him alone, do not tease him. "

" Are you gonna quit training? " The panda wore an even bigger smug expression clearly trying to get under the wolve's skin.

Legoshi buttoned up his shirt with a glare,
" No, I'll come back tomorrow. "

It was such an odd sight for the panda to help train the wolf because he was meant to be a savage hungerlust animal. Yet he wanted to protect the herbivores and the female he cared for but he needed to handle negative emotions to grow stronger; the world would never allow him to improve if he didn't go through these things.

" I'll be going now... " Legoshi grumbled, stumbling outside while (Y/n) said her farewells to her father and led her boyfriend to the academy.

The wolves swung their hands up and down, walking down the path that they had to remember. It was in comfortable silence, the only light source they had was the street lamps that stood tall.

A sigh.

" Legoshi, you know you can stop- "

" I won't. "

She refrained herself from attacking her boyfriend for cutting her off, but she continued to walk beside him. She knew he was stressed but he didn't allow her in, as if she were going to get in the way or she was going to get hurt.

But that was their relationship.
Surviving by each other, right?

To him, he had to survive to protect her.

But will his temptations get to him before he can?