𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

" Hey, (Y/n). How come you talk about your dad but not your mom? " Ellen perked up in the locker room as she watched the canine push her hearing aid into her ears, noting it was already getting dark.

The female canines tossed her head back to look at the zebra, " I don't even know your name, why the fuck are you speaking to me. "

The female's deadpanned at the female wolf being blunt as usual, considering a year in the academy and club; she wasn't even close to knowing everyone's name.

The zebra shut her locker, shooting a glare, " I'm Ellen, the one you threatened on your first day of school. "

" Nope, don't recall. " (Y/n) shrugged with disinterest.

The wolf turned to Sheila, cocking her head in a swift motion to let her know that they're leaving and the cheetah nodded rapidly, closing her locker and jogging to the canine as they exited the room.

The spotted feline stated, " You know, she is right. You only speak about your dad and not your mom. Did she die? "

(Y/n) shot a glance at her best friend before snickering, forgetting that friends tell secrets to each other; especially their best friends and she hadn't even told her one.

" Ha, my parents are dead you idiot. "

The wolf smacked the cheetah's head making her jaw drop at the sudden wave of information. The wolf skipped happily at the thought of her boyfriend but continued, " They were murdered when I was younger, I have an adoptive father. "

" But he was more of a dad than my actual one, I can hardly remember much. It was ten years ago. "

Sheila took a hold of (Y/n)'s wrist and pulled her to her chest, engulfing her into an embrace with a frown plastered on her face, " I'm so sorry.. "

Pity.

Something that the canine never wanted, it was a sign of vulnerability and pathetic-ness.

The truth about her family was never released to any of her friends other than Legoshi, because she was just immuned to such emotions after the incident till her boyfriend arrived.

Which is why she avoided it, now that she has emotions;
She can react differently to her parent's death.
Especially within the hug that she was trapped in.

" Don't be such a little bitch, I'm not sad. Never was and never will be. " The canine barked angrily, trying to remove herself but failed.

Sheila's honey orbs fell onto the canine that dropped her head with defeat, she released a sigh, " You are an asshole, you know. "

" It's okay to be sad. "

" It's been a decade and I don't remember shit, can we go? "

(Y/n) jerked herself from the embrace, stomping away with her teeth gritted. She just proved herself that she was correct; It was a pathetic topic to speak of when she has no clue on how to handle it.

Was she supposed to be sad?
Was she supposed to be crying for a redo?

She didn't want to have one.