*Chapter 32* EPILOGUE

Killua was fourteen years old when he fell in love.

Back then, the thought of relationships or romance in general never really crossed his mind and even if it did, he'd just sweep it off as if it was fine dust. It wasn't because he had trust issues or anything– he just didn't pay a lot of attention to it nor did he show any form of interest.

Sure, he received love letters and got confessed to from more people than he could count with his fingers and at some point, his mother encouraged him to find a significant other however, those weren't enough to give him a final push to get into a relationship.

It was until he met Y/N did he decide to give love a chance.

Killua was twenty three years old when he walked in a jewelry store for the first time.

He had been dreading for that moment. He just wished he could get things over with so he wouldn't have to deal with the nervous pang in his chest or the fact that his palms were grossly covered with sweat. Fortunately, he had Gon with him to keep him sane.

"Have you paid up?"

Killua nodded his head in response as Gon let out a sigh of relief. After what seemed like two hours of searching, Killua had finally found the perfect one for Y/N.

Walking out of the store, Killua spared a glance at the small box inside the paper bag and swallowed down the tense lump in his throat before he set off with Gon.

"You got this, Killua."

Killua took the chance to talk with his parents as soon as he got back, he was in luck that the both of them were home at that time. Normally, they'd be out for work or somewhere else other than the mansion.

By the time he stepped in his parents' room, he simply told them to settle down while he sat across them before handing the paper bag to them. The minute his parents realized what was inside, they wasted no time to pull their son into a tight hug.

His mother was crying into his shoulder and while his father didn't, Killua could still hear the quiet sniffling from him. The three of them stayed like that for a while, not a single word voiced out from any of them.

Killua would be too embarrassed to admit it, but if it weren't for his father (and horrendous grades), he wouldn't be able to come back home to the sight of his lover sleeping peacefully.

When he sat down on the other side of the bed, he heard Y/N call out his name, her voice sounding raspy after waking up. Killua's lips curved into a smile as he scooted over, leaving a light kiss on her forehead.

"Where were you? You were out for the whole day without telling me about your whereabouts, I was kind of worried."

"Sorry," Killua muttered. "I had something to do."

"I missed you, idiot," Y/N huffed before crossing her arms.

Killua hovered over Y/N, set his fingers on her chin and pulled her into a deep kiss, parting away when he started to run out of breath.

"Will that make up for it?" Killua asked with a cheeky grin.

"No, I need more."