chapter 3.

MAY

    Growing up was kind of okay. I grew up in a middle class home. My dad was a lawyer for a firm while my mom was a stay at home mom. Since when I knew my left from my right, things were pretty good . We were happy.

     When I clocked 7 years , my mum announced that she was pregnant. I was so happy. I considered it the best birthday present ever. I was ecstatic shouting around the house that I was going to be a big sister.

       My mom always cautioned me to keep my toys out of the way but I never listened.

       One day ,I was playing dress up with my Barbie dolls in my room when I heard the door bell ring. I rushed out of my room knowing it was my dad.

        I dropped the dolls on the staircase and ran to hug my dad. I stopped in my tracks when I heard a loud scream and thuds coming down the stairs. My mother had slipped on my dolls and fallen down the stairs.

      She was covered in blood. My dad ran over to her while calling an ambulance but I stood frozen. I had never seen that much blood before. Few minutes later, the ambulance took her to the hospital with my dad in tow. Though he left me in the care of my nanny.

      Two weeks later, dad came home with my mom from the hospital.i ran to her to give her a hug and to tell her I was sorry for her fall but she pushed me away from her screaming that I shouldn't touch her as she went up to their bedroom.

     I saw hate in her eyes. She was always so sweet to me. My dad brought me into his chest in a way hug and told me she was just sad about the baby. I asked him what happened to it and he told me that the baby was gone.

      My mum continued ignoring me with only a few glances my way. I learned too live with it and to live without a mother figure. My dad came home one day and announced that he had established his own firm from his saving.

     Dad's firm became very successful and we moved into a bigger house more like a mansion. Dad started driving expensive cars and mom spent majority of her time shopping while I was moved into a private school and given everything.

    On my fifteenth birthday, mum bought me fluff as an apology gift for the way she treated me all those years . But our relationship never remained the same . I grew up without my own mother .

      No mother should ever blame her child for a mistake like that and at such a naive age.

    The knock on my door brought me back to reality. I replied with a simple " come in". My best friend and assistant Chelsea came in.

     " May , the planners just reported that everything is ready. The decorations , food , flowers , entertainment , everything is done. I just need to finish making the calls to those on the guest list."

     Chelsea had been my best friend since high school. she saw me crying one day in the school bathroom and we bonded over having shitty mom's. Her mom overdosed when she was younger.chelsea was very petite with blonde hair and grey eyes.

  " Thanks so much Chelsea. Your the best."I replied while massaging my temples to relieve the headache I've got.

    " What are best friends for . Now go get yourself ready . It's all about you today. I'll take care of everything in the office ."

    " Are you su....." I didn't even get to finish my sentence before she interrupted me.

    " Bye bitch. You look like a platypus go turn yourself into a queen ." Did I also mention that she had no filter.

   She passed my purse into my hand while pushing me out the door.

   I let out a laugh and gave her a hug before making my way home.

∆∆∆

     I was dressed in a red silk gown with  straps going over my shoulders. It had a low neckline and the chest area was covered in Swarovski stones. It hugged my curves beautifully. It was a mermaid shaped gown and had a slit that began at my mid thigh to show off my legs.

    My make up was done perfectly with my hair curled up and brought over my right shoulder.

   Maxwell should have been here by now I thought while putting on my silver dropping eating and an identical necklace, a silver purse and a silver louboutine.

    I heard the door bell ring and knew it was Maxwell at the door. I blew fluff a kiss and met Maxwell at the door.

      He looked good in a black suit , a white button up shirt and a red bow tie to match my dress. He gave me a quick kiss and lead me to his car in the parking lot. I cleared my throat and tried bringing his awareness to the dress I had on which was designed by me but he was so concentrated on whoever he was texting.

      Annoyed, I opened the door and slammed it but he just got into the car , started it and drove of without uttering a single compliment to me.

Please

Vote.  comment.  Share

😘