chapter 6.

" Papa is she dead?"

   " No blue. She's just asleep."

   " But why is she ashleep? "

   " It's because she has a hang over."

    " Papa , what's a hangover?"

  " Blue you ask too many questions."

     I groaned at the sound of  voices. My head was pounding. I was on a surprisingly soft bed . I need to take this bed home with me. It was so plush and comfortable . I never wanted to get up from it.

     I snapped into a sitting position causing the soft duvet to fall off the bed when I realised I never knew how I got to such a comfortable bed. I soon realised I made a big mistake when my head started pulsating again. I let out another groan and massaged my temples .

       Raising my head up, my eyes met two blue eyes of the same shade. I recognize them. One especially that made my heart beat faster. What was wrong with me? They were the boy and father I met yesterday.

   " How did I get here?" I asked. The man , Reece I believe was his name was holding a tray with food and a glass of orange juice in his hands while his son blue was sipping on an apple juice box.

   " Before I answer that why don't you take the pain killer beside you." He motioned to the bed side table beside me.

     I looked to my left and saw a glass of water and two tablets of pain killers. I took them and turned to face them.  Blue had finished his juice box by now and had come to sit beside me now. He looked up at me with his big doe eyes.

     " Hi" I said to him with the brightest smile I could give with my pounding headache.

     " Hi " he replied with a cute redness on his cheek and continued staring at her.

     " Blue stop staring. It's rude. " His dad said while coming to place the tray on my laps.

     "  Eat up . It will help will help with your head ache."

      I noticed blue move closer to me when I started eating so I gave him a piece of bacon to eat.

    " Thank you May." He said with a smile.

     " I swear all he ever does is eat and eat. I'm sorry if he's pestering you."

      " No . It's okay. How did I get here? " I asked.

     " Well we were driving back home When we saw you trying to pick a fight with a man twice your size. So to prevent you from getting crushed, I carried you away from him to the car and you passed out before giving me your address  so we ended up bringing you here."

    I was partially paying attention to what he was saying. I was mainly following the movement of his plump pink lips. God he was handsome.

     " What made you drink so much?" He asked.

   And then it all came crashing down on me. I felt like throwing up. I felt sick. The woman I looked up to betrayed me. She slept with Maxwell . How long had that been going on behind my back? No wonder Maxwell stopped paying attention to me. I can't believe I thought I loved that idiot. What changed? We were so happy. What did I do wrong? Was I not enough? Did I not please him enough that he had to go look for sex elsewhere and the person had to be my mom?

        Tears welled up in my eyes when I remembered my mothers words.

      " You took something I loved so I took something you loved."

   She sounded so snug when she said this to me. It felt like I was drenched with cold water . A mother will never do something like that to her own daughter because of a sincere mistake of 14 years ago. It left me with doubts of if she was even my mother.

     I was removed from my thoughts when I felt a little hand touch my arm. I looked up and saw blue and Reece  looking at me.

    " Are you okay may? You spaced out ." Reece asked with a concerned look on his face.

     " I'm good . " I replied while cleaning  a stray tear from my face.

      " Blue and I are going to give you your space so you can freshen up . There is a spare toothbrush and a towel in the bathroom  that you can use. I'll leave something you can change into and then I'll drop you at your house when your done." 

      I looked down and realized that I was still in yesterdays clothes. I can only imagine what my face would look like right now.

     " Thank you so much for helping me Reece . I really appreciate it. I owe you."

      " No. You don't need to give me anything in return."

       " I insist please. How about I treat you and blue to dinner by the weekend."

       " We'll see about that. We'll be in the living room."

     Reece grabbed blue's little hands and left the room. And I was left alone with my thoughts. I then noticed the room I was in better. The bed was a king sized bed  with plain white sheets and duvet. It seemed to be a guest room . The walls were also white. Everything in here was so white it felt like I was in heaven.

       I fell back into the bed and thought about how good Reece smelled even at a distance and how hot he looked in his sweatpants and  t-shirt. Damn  I'm in trouble.

Vote. comment. Share❤️