chapter 8.

May could identify this perfume anywhere she went because it belonged to her mother . She wondered what the hell she was doing in her house. She even looked around for fluff but couldn't find him. It was wierd because he was always there waiting for her at the door whenever she got home.

         Reece noticed May's change in demeanor and dropped blues hand to reach forward and ask what was wrong when a woman dressed in a robe came out from the kitchen.

    Blue had noticed fluffs tail peeking out from under the dining table and had let out an excited squeal before running off to play with him.

     " What the fuck are you doing in my house mother? "May asked trying so hard to hold her anger in but just the sight of this woman's face was pissing her off.

       Reece looked confused as hell as to why May would ask her own mother that. But that confusion was cleared the moment the woman opened her mouth to speak.

   " I see you are back from whoring around huh. You even came back with a possibly married man and his son. Oh wait, is that kid yours?  " Mrs Anthony said.

      " You hypocrite! I'm the slut?  I was not the one who slept with my daughters boyfriend knowing full well that they were together!  It's not just your fault. That piece of shit is to blame also. You were fucking around with my boyfriend behind my back for how long and you have the guts to call me a slut? The effontery you have! "

    Reece was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. No wonder she got shit faced drunk . To forget. He wouldn't know how to act if my own father was sleeping with his girlfriend. But one thing was for sure , he was going to be fatherless because he would kill him with his own two hands.

    "  It was wonderful watching you think he loved and knowing he would always come back to me ." Mrs Anthony said scornfully.

     Tears brimmed in Mays eyes but she'll be damned if she let them fall. She was stronger than that . She wouldn't show her mother that what she said hurt her.

       " Get out! I don't want to see your face ever again . I hate you. Your not my mother . Your dead to me."

     Mrs Anthony turned to look at Reece and said.

   " If you ever get tired of her boy, don't hesitate to me. I'm more experienced in the bedroom if you know what I mean." She said with a slutty smile on her face.

     Reece crossed his arms on his chest before replying

  " That won't be necessary ma'am . Why would I want a saggy old hag when I have a goddess with me."

     She spluttered before stomping her way to the front door. Before she left though, she turned around and said to May.

  " I am not your mother . The next time you see your father, tell him to set your facts straight. And I'm going to do well and enjoy that ex boyfriend of yours now that he's all mine."

     May took off running to her with the intent of scratching her mother's ugly eyes out but was stopped by Reece's arms going around her waist. Out of fear, her mother ran out the door in only a bathrobe and  slide . All of which belonged to May.

      The moment the door closed , May broke down . She let the tears that she struggled so hard to hold back flow in front of a man she just met. But she didn't feel wierd about it.

       Reece led her to the white couch in the living room and sat down. Reece placed her on his lap while she buried her face in his neck and cried . He rubbed her back affectionately to give her the comfort she needed.

        They were more than thankful that fluff had led blue into the guest room to play so he didn't hear their argument.

      It ached Reece's heart that this beautiful queen was crying in his arms. He squeezed her tighter and she put both her arms around his neck seeking comfort only this handsome man could give her.

       She felt safe in his arms. She had not felt this way even when her dad hugged her. It was new and she loved to explore new things.

    They both sat on that couch thinking about how safe they felt in each other's arms. It felt like they had detatched from reality.

      They didn't say a word to each other. May let out sobs from time to time with her arms still firmly around his neck inhaling his wonderful scent while Reece rubbed her back soothingly with his other arms wound firmly around her waist.

  They didn't speak. Not once. But they both understood each other . Needing all the comfort they could derive from each other. Believe it or not he also needed the comfort he was receiving from merely holding her.

       He couldn't believe he could become this soft for a woman he just met. He just brushed that thought from his mind and held her .

  He made her feel at peace.

Vote. comment. Share❤️