Chapter 62

A dance at the ball

I walked down the staircase following Aunty Lia us she gracefully glided down the staircase while she was holding her head hide with all the confidence in the world

I walked down the staircase following Aunty Lia us she gracefully glided down the staircase while she was holding her head hide with all the confidence in the world. As all my family saw me their eyes bulged out and their jaws dropped to the floor. Suddenly all my new confidence left me and I suddenly felt very stupid. How could I even think I could pull off a dress? They can probably see my scars? My body probably looks disgusting. I was just about to back upstairs when Dad came and place a loving kiss on my forehead. "you look beautiful Bambina." I felt my cheeks blush as I looked away smiling. "She should change." We all turned around to my brothers and cousins. They all had their arms crossed over their chest with a frown. Leo looked absolutely adorable with his little pout. "why what is wrong with it?" Aunty Lia steps forward next to me looking if she was getting ready to take down an army of soldiers.

"What's wrong with it?! What isn't wrong with it!" Luke huffed out looking at my dress with disgust. Wow, I didn't think I looked that bad. "I agree she needs to change." I looked up at them not being able to hold my pout. "Dad looks at her all those perverted assholes will be eyeing her off all night." I stepped closer to Lia for support and to half hide. Why did I ever think putting a dress on would be a good idea? "I agree father we need to protect her. All the bastard mafia heirs and sons will take one look at her and they will think they can just claim her." Milo spoke out to Dad as if I wasn't here. I suddenly felt very angry about how they were acting, how dare they think they can decide what I wear. This is my body and my reputation and how dare they think I can't protect myself. "I am not changing." I stepped out glaring at all of them. They were about to protest further so I continued. "I can protect myself I have been doing it for years now. But you guys have absolutely no right to think you can decide what I wear. And the fact that you guys degrade us and make us believe that we can't do anything without you men protecting us is completely disgusting. I am repulsed by this behaviour so if you guys do not want me to be angry. I would stop right now." My tone was so cold I was sure the temperature dropped to minus. The boys were all speechless and Enzo and Alex stepped forward. They have been silent through all of this. Louis looks really conflicted right now. I can tell that he is trying his hardest right now because he is trying his best to be the 'best big brother'.

"You look gorgeous piccolo." Alex said softly using the same nickname he used on the day I got here. "grazie, fratello maggiore."(thankyou big brother) the Italian rolled off my tongue gracefully leaving them all stunned. The Italian lessons have really paid off. "where did you learn to say that." I sipped up my lips indicating it was a secret making them all sigh. My boys all tried to complain more but surprising Enzo silenced them all. Saying if another person speaks he was literally going to cut off their tongue.

On the way to the car, I held Louis and Bruno's hand trying my best to conceal my anxiety. The last time I went to a party it got too much which resulted in me in making my brothers take me home. Will the same thing happen? Will everything become too much? Just the thought of being in a room where people who have intoxicated scares me. and what scares me more was the men. Men scare me, I try my best to not show my biggest fear. But how can I can when it was men who scarred me. "I want you to not leave Louis or Bruno's side tonight Bambina ok?" Dad spoke firmly then continued to threaten my two brothers saying if anything happened to me. they would no longer be breathing son or not. I didn't protest I was to caught up into my own thoughts. "Are you ok twinny?" Bruno whispered to me. "I don't know how I am going to cope with all the alcohol and the men what is going to be there." I decided to be honest because the truth was I was freaking myself out. "It's ok I will be here with you the whole time, I will protect you. Just let us know though if you feel triggered or anything because the therapist said that triggers can set it off." He was talking about my PTSD which I didn't mind because it showed his care. the ballroom was gigantic and looked as if it had been placed here from the olden days. It was beautiful and grand all of it must have cost a fortune. But I guess money doesn't really come to mind for these kinds of things. Because these men were ruthless. The room was packed with men in fancy suits. Only some had a beautiful woman on their arms being the perfect 'trophy wife'. There were only a few girls who looked my age but they looked as if a cake pan has puked on their faces. For how much makeup they had on.