Chapter 66

The calm before the storm

We all sat in the limousine on the way to the graveyard. This is it, this is the time where I finally get what I have been wanting since I was 7 years old. "Are you sure you want to see him first?" Milo asked for what seems like the millionth time today. "Yes, I am sure." I gave them all a smile and Bruno leaned over giving me a small kiss on my cheek. Dad gave my hand a comforting squeeze on my hand. "we will be with you the whole way, I am so proud of you." I smiled widely at dad. "Thanks, dad." I looked over to all of my brothers and Ryan giving them all a loving smile. "Thank you, everyone, for doing this for me. it is the best birthday I have ever had." They all gave me cheesy smiles showing all of their perfect pearly white teeth. 

"Anything for you Bambina."

By the time we got to the cemetery, it all felt as if it had been too quick. I was a clear example of a deer in headlights. Bruno noticed me as I stood as straight as a statue looking at all the graveyards with the same pain in my eyes I had when he first died. "let's do this." It wasn't long until we found his gravestone. His gravestone was simple like everyone else's but was naked with no flowers or anything. it looked like no one has ever visited him. Alex bent down and placed the bouquet of roses down. 

I smiled gratefully at him and sat down on the ground my eyes wondering to the name what was engraved into the stone. 'John William Carmon'. Tears pickled my eyes as I remembered everything about him. From the comfort, I got from his hugs to the tickles he used to give me every morning then lastly the warm kind smile he always managed to have.

"Let's give her some space." There were no protests they all left in peace. I think if they stayed I would have just broken down. But I need to do this I have too. 

"h-hey dad it's bumblebee." I cleared my throat trying my best to swallow the lump in my throat. "so long time no see eh." I chuckled lightly shaking my head. "I wish you could tell me how you were, or better yet I wish you were here. it would make this conversation a lot easier." I chuckled again but this time I felt as if all the worries had left the air, and now it was just me and dad. "If you are really watching me and you can hear me. I want to thank you, dad. You didn't just save me when I was a baby. But you gave me a life, you gave me love, warmth and kindness. You gave me a childhood. I will never be able to repay you but I want to thank you. Because I am pretty sure that you gave me my father and brothers. I love them unconditionally, I finally have a family again. I love Dad, Enzo, milo, Alex, Luke even Louis and lastly, I love Bruno. I even love Ryan and Taylor. But most importantly I love you, dad." 

Tears fell down my cheeks. "Why did you leave daddy, I really wish you could tell me. I wish I could hear your voice again. I wish I could have one of your hugs again. I wish we could have one of those piano days again." I wiped my tears away because I need to be strong. "I really hope you can hear me, daddy, because you were right. If there is one thing I have learnt it is that you can't fight your battles alone." I heard people come behind me so I knew my brothers and father were listening.