34. 'Scared, Potter?'

A/N Things nearly get a bit angsty but they pull it back...

(999 words)

Harry plugged in his iPod and slipped from the complex into the heat that was quickly building. He eased into a comfortable running rhythm.

They'd all come out to Ibiza, the Auror trainees and partners. It was a celebration to mark passing their first part of their Auror qualifications. From August, they were to be based in Ministry itself. Booth had been exceptionally proud, his first cohort, ever, to all pass with straight 'outstandings'. They'd come out here to celebrate.

Only, last night, they'd ended up in a club and Malfoy was a touch drunk, well, they all were, but Harry got annoyed about it all and had left early in a harrumph.

He'd stood on the outskirts, propping up the bar, nursing a hideously expensive drink he wasn't enjoying. Massive Attack's Angel was blaring out and he couldn't help his eyes being drawn to Malfoy dancing in the middle of the dance floor, his white-blond hair so distinguishable amongst the rabble, his arms above his head and hips swaying.

'This should be your song,' Sakura shouted in his ear above the blare of the speakers. She was watching Malfoy too.

'What?' he shouted back.

'Your song, you two,' she nodded towards Malfoy.

'What do you mean?'

'The lyrics; "you are my angel ... neutralize every man in sight", that's you two,' she shouted.

'What do you mean?' he didn't understand what she was saying. Especially as the lyrics had turned to a repetitive 'love you, love you, love you' refrain. His breath caught slightly when he realised Malfoy was looking at him as he sang along. But then a man approached Malfoy and they began dancing together and Harry saw the man holding Malfoy's hips as they swayed in time to the hypnotic beat.

And Harry really didn't want to watch Malfoy tonguing a man in the middle of a club in Ibiza. It made him feel uncomfortable, like it was too personal.

'I'm going,' he shouted to Sakura.

'Wait up,' she called after him but he didn't. He didn't want to hear what she was suggesting, she was obviously drunk too.

There was a vague sense of protectiveness telling him to stay and make sure Malfoy was okay. He'd been drinking, what happened if that man took advantage or spiked his drink? Harry'd heard of that sort of thing happening. But he couldn't bring himself to stay. Instead, he went home to bed and slipped into a restless sleep only to wake what seemed like a few hours later and unable to go back to sleep.

Hence the run.

He'd left a note to say he'd meet them at Cala Vadella. They'd already planned to spend the day there.

As he began the descent into the port, the bay glistened in the morning sun. He smiled, deciding his moodiness had just been down to lack of sleep and the drink.

On the beach, he commandeered a sunbed, stripped down to his shorts and dived into the cooling sea, appreciating its freshness after running eight miles in that heat. He swam out to the buoys that marked the edge of the swimming area and spent a happy hour diving under the surface and messing around before heading back to his lounger and waiting for the others to arrive.

'Where did you get to last night, Potter?' A familiar drawl pulled him from a light snooze.

Harry shielded his eyes as he looked up at Malfoy, he was wearing long shorts and a light-weight shirt but he barely uncovered in the sun, his pale skin prone to burning.

'Wasn't really in the mood...' Harry said.

'Shame, I was about to drag you onto the dance floor.'

'Thought you were too busy with your tongue down a stranger's throat.'

Malfoy grimaced, 'he took a lot to shake off, could have done with you there to rescue me.'

'Is that all I'm good for, Malfoy?'

'Hey, what's got into you?'

Harry sighed, 'sorry. I don't know... probably a bit unsettled about the changes that are happening.'

'Understandable.' Malfoy perched on the edge of the sunbed. 'You're going to burn. Turn over and I'll do your back.'

Harry winced as the cold suncream hit his skin.

'Merlin, Potter, you're all knots, no wonder you're tense.'

Harry wasn't sure if he should be enjoying Malfoy's firm hands working his shoulders but it felt rather good.

He sighed deeply.

'That's sounding better, Potter.' Malfoy began messaging lower, running small circles on each side of Harry's spine.

'What about the others? Where are they?'

'Peanut and Blaise are swimming. Sakura's wandering around the shops in the town with Hannah. The others are on the way.'

Malfoy's hands were rubbing his lower back, pushing firmly outwards towards his sides. Harry tried not to squirm.

'Oh Merlin, Potter, you're ticklish.' He could tell Malfoy was grinning. His touch suddenly became delicate, his fingers dragging softly over Harry's sides.

'Fuck!' Harry flinched, it was halfway between being gorgeously delightful and hideously ticklish. 'Stop!' But he buried his head in the t-shirt he was using as a pillow and didn't wriggle away.

'Oh, I don't think so,' Malfoy teased. He leant close, his shirt lightly brushing against Harry's skin, his breath warm on Harry's neck, his voice dangerously low. 'I think you're enjoying this. I think I should put you under a Body Bind and keep doing this...' His fingers skimmed tenderly over Harry's ribs.

That was it!

Harry turned over quickly and sat up, they were practically nose to nose. 'You sound like you're challenging me.'

'Scared, Potter?' Malfoy quirked an eyebrow.

Harry had learnt how to move unexpectedly fast, maybe that was Sakura's training, but Malfoy yelped as Harry scooped him up over his shoulder. 'You fucking wish, Malfoy!'

He charged into the sea with Malfoy half squealing, half laughing and playfully thumping his back. 'Is this how you repay me for applying your suncream...'

People were laughing as the two men collapsed into the water with a large splash.

*****