54. A PDA Moment

A/N Sorry, don't know the artist to credit but I love this pic.

(999 words)

'DRAY!' Harry bounded up the stairs, two at a time.

'Potter...' Draco groaned and pulled the duvet over his head in disgust. 'I'm sleeping...'

Harry leapt onto the bed like an excited puppy. He laughed as Draco reached blindly for his wand on the bedside table and muttered 'Muffliato!' from under the duvet as he waved the wand vaguely in Harry's direction.

Unfortunately for Draco, he was still being thrown around incessantly and even more enthusiastically.

When a white light flared from the end of Draco's wand and the man stiffened with immobility, Harry fell to his knees in hysterics, straddling Draco. Harry snatched the wand from his immovable hand and said, 'finite! Try holding the wand the right way around... but that's what you get for trying to curse your boyfriend when HE'S GOT TICKETS FOR THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP...'

Draco threw the duvet back, all infuriation vanished. 'You have?'

'Yep. But I guess you're not coming, what with you sleeping and all...'

'POTTER! How have you managed to get hold of them, they're as rare as pixie poo?'

'Well,' Harry sensed a reaction coming on... 'I happen to know one of the England players...'

'Who?' Draco demanded.

'How many professional Quidditch players do we know?'

'Ginevra...' Draco drawled, his eyes narrowing and his lips pulling into a severe line. She was still a sensitive topic despite it all being a rather long time ago.

'Draco Lucius Abraxas Malfoy, if I said Cho Chang, would you mind?'

'She's not a professional Quidditch Player.'

'...but I kissed her too.'

'Doesn't count, she was all snottified over pretty boy.'

'What if I said they were from Oliver Wood?'

'You said you've never been in a relationship with another man,' he pouted, but he also looked doubtful.

'Doesn't mean we didn't snog behind the Broom Shed...' Harry teased with a lopsided grin.

Draco gasped, 'you didn't. Did you?' He rested his hands protectively on Harry's thighs, his fingertips dragging over the jeans.

'Hmmm...' Harry leant forward over Draco. 'That's for me to know...' his lips skimmed over Draco's, tantalisingly close.

'POTTER!'

Harry sat back up. 'Ginny got them for us, and stop being jealous, she specifically said for you too.'

'I'm not jealous.'

'Like hell you're not.'

'I can't help being protective when someone's blatantly desperate to ride your cock. You belong to me, Potter.'

Harry released a bark of laughter. 'The only thing Ginny's interested in riding is a broomstick. Didn't you know she and Luna are together?' He actually felt Draco relax.

'Really?'

'Oh Dray!'

'But how long has that been going on?'

'About two years, maybe longer.'

Draco gasped. And hit Harry's thigh playfully. 'You let me think...'

'Fun while it lasted... We need to get moving. The others are meeting us there later.'

'What now?'

'Yep, she name-dropped to snag us a box so I need get there early to do the PR shit.'

'Get off me, you great oaf, I need to beautify for the cameras. So do you. You're not going like that!'

Their seats were faultless, practically on the halfway line and at the perfect height. Draco was so unbearably excited; he could barely sit still as they waited for the game to begin.

'Merlin, Dray, it's only a Qualifier.'

'Yes, but if we beat Sweden, we're in with a good chance against Brazil. And so long as New Zealand beat Germany, and Peru beat Ireland, we could make it to the quarter-finals and then...'

Harry didn't follow the Quidditch that closely, he didn't have time these days. Anyway, he had Dray and Ron to fill him in on the important bits.

'Salazar's schlong!' Draco muttered. 'You're hopeless.' He turned to Ron and Harry vaguely listened the two of them enthuse wildly about various England team players.

Harry took in the atmosphere. It took him back to their fourth year and going to the final with Arthur. He shuddered and tried not to think about what that led to. But he couldn't help himself; he started looking for exits, counting people, scanning the crowd. He could feel his breathing becoming shallow.

Draco took his hand and leant close, 'you okay?'

Harry smiled gratefully. 'Sure,' he said quietly.

'Don't lie to me.'

'It's just a bit overwhelming.'

'Do you want to leave?'

'No, I'm fine.'

Draco leant his forehead against Harry's, 'so long as you're telling the truth...'

'Ugh! You two...' Ron whinged. 'Less PDA, you'll put the players off their game.'

'The players haven't even come onto the pitch yet!' moaned Harry who was rather appreciating being pulled him back from an edge he didn't want to tip over.

'Bloody hell! LOOK!' shouted Ron. 'We're on the Jumbotron Screens, LOOK!' He began waving wildly as the huge screens around the stadium showed the box full of Weasleys. Maybe because they were sat amongst a harem of redheads but Harry thought he and Draco really stood out.

'Hey!' Ron complained when the camera moved off him and he leant on Draco's shoulder, 'HI MUM!' he shouted, even though there was no sound. The crowd were laughing. 'Oh!' he said and pulled away sharply, his cheeks bright red. On the screen, a huge red heart was flashing around Harry and Draco, and red cartoon lips kept popping up around them.

'KISS!' the crowd began chanting. 'KISS! KISS! KISS...'

Harry looked at Dray, feeling rather flushed. They weren't exactly public with their relationship though all their friends knew but the 'Kiss-Cam' had a habit of magically focusing on those with the most chemistry.

'KISS! KISS! KISS...' echoed around the stadium, accompanied by thousands of boots drumming on the floor.

Draco leant across and kissed Harry firmly on the lips.

The crowd cheered, stamping and clapping.

'Well, that's one way to publicly claim me!' Harry muttered.

The crowd erupted into a louder, thundering cacophony of noise because the players were entering the stadium and the kiss-cam no longer mattered, and nor did the events of all those years ago, because now the game was on...

*****

A/N: Inspiration (although they're not playing)...