🍭Two: Do you know him?

A U T H O R

"She's gonna be okay, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. She only needs a proper rest and don't let her move her arm too much. It might worsen her condition." The doctor said and looked at Jennie sleeping on the bed. "I'm not in the right position to say this but I think you need to see a psychiatrist."

"Why? I'm sure she's fine. It's just because her friend left. She'll get over it." Her father said with a worried look.

"I hope so. She would always space out and it seemed like our injections don't hurt her unlike other patients." Both of Jennie's parents looked at each other. "Think about it."

"Thank you." Her dad said then the doctor excused herself.

"Uri Jennie-yah.." Her mother looked at her and held her hand. It has only been five hours after her arm's operation. "Get well soon." After shedding a tear her mom stood up and pulled her husband outside the hospital room. "What do you think?"

"Gracie, you don't think our daughter's crazy too, right?" Instead of answering, she started crying and covered her mouth. "Jennie's alright. After a few days, she'll get over it."

"Do you even know what she told me when we brought her here? Wendel, she said she'd rather die! What would you feel? And like what Doctor Lee said. She spaces out most of the time. You really think she's alright in that state?!" He hugged his wife and patted her back.

"Let's wait until she wakes up, hmm? I also don't want her to suffer like this but let's be positive."

Jennie was released after a few weeks. All was well. She wasn't spacing out just like before. Her parents felt relieved and helped her in returning to her usual self.

But their happiness only lasted in a matter of days when Jennie started crying non-stop inside her room. Ignoring every meal, ignoring them and locked herself inside.

"Jennie..honey, don't do anything dangerous. Let us in." Her mother kept repeating but Jennie being stubborn and too emotional, ignored them and sat at the corner to cry another batch of river of tears.

"Why don't you call that guy? The Taehyung. He's the reason why she's being like this. Maybe he can calm her down." Her father suggested. Gracie hurried to her room and called Taehyung's aunt.

'Oh Gracie.. It's been a while. Why did you call?'

"Trisha, is Taehyung with you right now? Can I talk to him for a second? Jennie's been crying inside her room for two days. She hasn't eaten and she never talked to us. We're hoping he could help."

'Taehyung? I'll give him the phone.' Gracie sighed in relief and ran back to Jennie's room. 'Mrs. Kim?' Taehyung said.

"Tae, it's Jennie. She won't listen to us. Can you speak to her? Please, we're desperate."

'I'm sorry Mrs. Kim.' He quickly ended the call.

"No, no, no! Taehyung!" She fell on her knees and let out a sigh. "He was our last shot. Jennie open the door.. Don't do this to yourself."

Hugging herself for who know's how long, Jennie shook her head. She cried harder after getting several flashbacks of what he said to her before he left. "Ani.. Don't leave.. Please don't leave me.." Her mumbles that came from her trembling lips.

It wasn't easy to lose a friend, her bestfriend. Aside from being her inspiration as her crush, he was someone who understands her the most and someone she always relied on. Losing someone special like that was never an easy thing to overcome. In her case, it would take long before she get's over it.

"Does she have other friends aside from him? Or if possible, close ones, cousins she always hanged out with..?" The psychiatrist they talked to said.

"No. No one else. She has always been a loner since she was young and he's the only friend she ever had her whole life. What can we do?"

"Why don't you try spending more time with her? Bond with her. Take her out for a walk or let her help in the kitchen. You said she only had him as a friend? She probably relied on him most of the time. They created a bond that was too strong and it's understandable that she's having a hard time moving on. I suggest you should let her meet new people who she can get along with so she can move on faster."

Her parents tried doing what the psychiatrist said. After a few months, they've seen big improvements in her emotional state.

Jennie wasn't like the old version of herself anymore but she's becoming emotionally and mentally stable day by day.

"Do you know him?" Her psychiatrist asked and handed her a picture. She has been taking monthly check-ups to monitor her health. "How do you feel seeing him?"

She took a second before saying, "Furious?" Her doctor and her parents looked at each other. "I mean.. He.. Used me. Isn't that how I'm supposed to feel?"

"On your first monthly check up, you just cried after seeing this picture. Then on the second, you asked me to make him go back. On the third, you said you wanted to feel better so you could go to London and see him. On the fourth, you told me you miss him. Fifth, you said you don't feel anything. Now, you're telling me you're furious. Why?"

"When you part ways with someone you're close with, it's already a given that you want to see him, that you miss him.. But after realizing what happened to me..what it did to me..what it made me do.. I just feel pathetic. I shouldn't have been acting crazy and emotional. I almost ruined my life because of that bastard and it infuriates me. I'm simply saying, he shouldn't have taken me for granted."

"You're furious because he made you lose your mind when he left. Is that it?"

"Yep. If he had plans to leave me like that then why would he want to befriend me in the first place? Right?"

"Okay. That's all we're discussing for today. Please wait outside for a while, Jennie." She gave a quick smile and went out. "She's starting to feel other emotions other than saddness. It's normal to go through this stage where she would feel anger towards him but she will eventually get over it after this."

"Thank you so much. We'll come back next month." Her dad said.

While listening to their conversation, Jennie unwrapped a coke flavored lollipop with a blank expression. "You wish."

--
Author's Note:

I'm anxious about this😅 But yeah, I hope it's fine and I hope you liked it🤗💕