🍭Seven: You have a boyfriend?

A U T H O R

"You're going to the canteen after this, right? Let's go together." Taehyung asked and dragged his chair closer to her. "I'll buy you that milk earlier. What else do you want to eat?"

"Can you stop?!" Taehyung has been asking her questions on repeat. Good thing their teacher didn't start the class yet. It's still their getting to know each other segment. "Annoying."

"I just want to fix things with you." She quickly took her books and stood up. "Jen.." She left the desk and ignored him. "Kim Jennie!"

"That piece of crap. Did he actually think the feeling's mutual? Why would I want to fix things between us? It's better this way." It's been two years but the pain of their past never left her memory. All that he's done and all that he's said is still in her head. She did move on from him and everything related to him but making up was never her plan. He has done too much already.

"Jenjen.." He called and stood in front of her. "Just give me a minute, hmm? We need a proper talk."

"So you can win over me again? So you can get away with everything you did to me? I don't think so. If you want a little dog to follow everything you say, stop lingering around me because I would never want to be like that again."

"Ani. Why would you say that? You weren't a dog, you're my friend."

"Friend, my foot. Get out of my way." She pushed him away and continued walking.

"Give me a chance, at least? One last chance to prove myself to you." He caught up with her and blocked her way again. Jennie breathed in to stop herself from hitting him. Her patience might run out any second. "I was a jerk to you two years ago but I would never do it again. I regret everything I said to you."

"Really? I can't feel any sincerity right now. Talk to me once you've matured enough. You're still that jerk who would blurt out words he didn't mean."

She continued walking but Taehyung kept walking beside her. "What do you want me to do? I'll do everything just to prove I'm really sincere with you."

"Even if you hurt yourself or whatever shit you're gonna do, I'm not trusting any word that I hear from you again. You've got nothing but a bad reputation so don't even try." He stopped walking and looked down.

"Using my words against me.. When did you become like that?" I'll give you some time. More time. I just hope you'll give me a chance to explain myself. I may look bad in your perspective but I only did it for your sake.

He took the opposite hallway and went straight to the library. He hasn't made friends yet and he wants to familiarize himself the school.

"Annyeonghaseyo." He quickly turned around to see two girls almost half his height in front of him.

"Who..?"

"I'm Haeyeon and this my friend Yijoon. Well.. Can we take a picture with you? You're really handsome, oppa!" He cleared his throat and looked at the both of them. "Can we? Before other girls do."

"I guess-" Both of them screamed and Haeyeon quickly linked their arms together while Yijoon held her phone up. Taehyung couldn't fit within the frame so he bended a bit and smiled. She quickly took several photos of them.

"Thank you!!" They excitedly looked at their pictures. "Wahh.. You're really good looking, oppa. Do you have a girlfriend?"

He flashed a bitter smile. "We broke up two months ago. She doesn't love me anymore."

"Oh no.. That's a big loss for her! She couldn't find anyone like you anywhere." Agreed. But come to think of it, I didn't really feel that bad. I did cry for a day but it all went away afterwards. "By any chance, are you close with Kim Jennie? You were talking to her a while ago."

"Ahh.. She's.." He stopped for a second. He wanted to call her his bestfriend back in junior high so badly. But he can't. "We just know each other. Why?"

"Don't be mad at me but, it would be nice if you two date." His eyes almost popped out. Oh?!

"But Haeyeon, Jennie's already dating someone else. How can you say that? You don't want to give the guy some false hope." D-dating?!

"She's dating someone? Who? Does he go here? Since when?" He had a lot of questions in mind about it. Someone would date that Kim Jennie?! Ani.. Seolma.. She's too rude. And back in days, she couldn't even talk to guys and she's too boring and too focused on her studies to even have time for dating. Who's that punk?!

"Oppa?" His thoughts got cut off and blinked. "Are you okay? You were spacing out."

"It's nothing. See you around." He held tight on his backpack and ran to where Jennie headed. "So she's seeing someone.." He was such in a hurry that he suddenly bumped someone on the way there.

"Yah! Watch it!" He looked up to see him since he was a bit taller and bowed. "Tch. Who do you think are you?" Taehyung bowed again and continued walking.

He arrived at the canteen and saw Jennie slurping her box of fresh milk. "Kim Jennie." He called, loud enough to get others' attention.

"He's even creating a big scene." She said to herself and continued scrolling on her phone while driking.

Taehyung squinted his eyes and approached her. "You have a boyfriend?" Jennie stopped drinking and placed her milk on the table. "You're already dating someone?"

"Why? No one told me not to. Why do you care?"

"Who is he? Do you know everything about him? Can you even trust him?" Jennie smirked and looked at the door. "Mwo? What are you looking at?"

"Do you have a problem with me?" A masculine voice behind him said. He turned his head at the door and saw the guy he bumped on his way there. "You're that little kid who bumped me."

"You.. You're dating that?"

"Hmm." Taehyung looked at her with a confused expression. "Do you really think I don't have the guts to date? Minwoo." She called and he walked towards her, bumping Taehyung's shoulder.

"What's wrong with you? Jennie, are you out of your mind? Why would you date someone like him?" He started to feel annoyed and brushed his hair back in frustration. "This is unbelievable."

"Who the hell are you anyway? Jen, do you know this guy?"

"Of course she knows me-"

But with a cold tone, she said, "He's nobody. Let's go." She took her milk and went out, followed by her beloved boyfriend, leaving Taehyung with his furrowed brows.

"Yah! Why would you date that thug?!"

--
Author's Note:

Minwoo is literally a fictional character so you can imagine whoever you want😊 I'm not really good at making Korean names, sorry😢