🍭Seventeen: It's starting

A U T H O R

"Oh Minwoo vs. Kim Taehyung. Battle for love. Choose your fighter." Jisoo read and threw the phone on Jennie's bed. "Our schoolmates are crazy. This is amazing!"

"No, it's not. How could they suddenly make a poll on who people think would win? This isn't a game. Taehyung's ruining my life again and it's not amazing."

"Blah, blah, blah.. I don't care. But you have to see that. Go on. Pick up my phone and see who the crowd wants to end up with you. It's not bad to be curious.. As if it would come true, right?"

Jennie sighed and put down her book to take Jisoo's phone. Seeing the results, she almost threw her phone out the window..if only Jisoo had money to get another. "Bullshit." She said and continued reading.

Jisoo took her phone and smiled. "I should vote too, right?" Jennie glared at her. "What? I'm still a student here. I have my rights. Now, let's see." Jennie tried to ignore her and focus on her book but of course, she couldn't. "Current boyfriend Minwoo gets seventeen percent while soon to be partner Taehyung gets all the eighty-three percent!"

Soon to be partner, my foot. That idiot? I'm convinced that these students don't care of who I'm more comfortable with. All they based on were the looks and how he won the argument earlier.

"If I were to be honest, I vote for that little friend of yours. I actually wanted to hit on him the other day but he doesn't seem to be interested so I gave up on him. You could take him."

"Jisoo.. Do you like Taehyung? Wahh.." Jennie said and clapped her hands. "Go on then. They're pretty rich but I can't guarantee that his mom would give you money in exchange for a break up."

"First of all, I don't like him. I just needed the money. Good thing I gave up on him though. I'm voting for him! Just to annoy you." She rolled her eyes and turned to the wall.

"Go to sleep." Jennie continued reading and shook it off.

The next day wasn't that great either. Kids in the hallways would tease her and keep mentioning his name. "Good morning, Taehyung's girl! Fighting!" She cringed and ran to the classroom.

She found Taehyung with his head on the desk, covering both his ears, surrounded by their malicious classmates. "When are you going to confess to her?"

"If you need help with the preparations, count us in! It'll be grand as a ball!"

"Since when did you start liking her? When you were both still in junior high, I guess? Oohh~ It's probably love now, huh?"

"For the nth time, guys!!" He shouted and stood up. "I'm not attracted to her! I was only concerned! Believe me and stop spreading rumors!" The others turned to the door and he followed just to see Jennie with her arms crossed. "Aiishhh!!" He sat back down and scratched his head. "I didn't mean for any of this to turn out like..like... This is seriously out of control."

Jennie went to her seat and that gave their 'audience' a reason to shriek. She, too, covered her ears and lied her head on the table..

Until the two unknowingly fell asleep before even class started. And that gave their beloved classmates another opportunity to mess with their precious loveteam.

"That's all for today, class. See you all tomorrow." Their teacher's voice woke Jennie. She quickly stood up and almost shouted when she noticed the chain on her wrist. It only took her seconds to realize what's happening.

"Why does my wrist hurt so much?" Taehyung mumbled and opened his eyes. "What the?" He looked at Jennie and they shared the same expression. Disbelief.

"Who did this?! Who's got the key? Give it to me, right now." She commanded but everyone acted as if they didn't hear her and left. "For goodness's sake.. Let's not be childish. Unlock this, right now!"

She ran to the door, dragging Taehyung with her. "My arm will fall off! Slow down." He said. Jennie stopped at the door and sighed. "Okay. I don't know what's going on. What's this?" He asked and raised his hand.

"It's starting." She lifelessly said.

"What's starting? Is this some kind of prank?" Feeling her anger rise, she stomped her foot and faced him. "Don't get mad at me. I didn't want this to happen."

"If you didn't start to meddle with my life then things wouldn't have gotten worse!" Taehyung was taken aback. "This is your fault. If you didn't come back then everything would've been so fine until now!"

"My fault? I only wanted to protect your feelings! That guy you're dating? Jen, he doesn't deserve you. I was only trying to help you."

"Protect my feelings? You couldn't even do that before! In fact, you were the one who ruined my feelings!"

"Isn't it still clear to you? I kept repeating this, Jennie. I'm not doing the same mistake again. I want to make things right this time! I don't want someone to hurt you like I did. I don't want you to lose yourself because of someone like how you did before. And that guy will surely hurt you!"

"Minwoo is different from you. He would never hurt me. Those you witnessed were just mere misunderstandings. Just stop it. You'll end up ruining me again."

She left the room, totally forgetting about the chain. Taehyung unwillingly followed her leave reason for her to blow up. "I.. I couldn't give you some time alone. Mian."

"Right. We're still chained. Bear with it until classes end. This is crazy."