🍭Twenty-five: Disappointed but not surprised

A U T H O R

Hours have passed and it was already dark outside. The kids were saying their goodbyes and went to their rooms. "I'll come and visit if I have time. Annyeong Ayen-ah!" Jennie said and waved her hand. The two got closer after spending the whole day playing games.

Since it's already night time, they were on their way to the hotel they're staying at. Because of the students' request to have an aesthetic looking environment and instagram worthy backgrounds, the school looked for a nearby hotel that would please the students.

"Room 7." Jennie said to herself as she carry her handbag going to her room. She unlocked the door and wowed. It's interior is like a traditional Korean house. She had to sleep on the floor but there were blankets and pillows to be used.

She placed her bag near the cabinet and made her bed. She yawned before lying down and stretching her arms. It was a long day for everyone. She fell asleep immediately after rolling back and forth.

Taehyung on the other hand, "Where's that key?" He kept searching in his bag and using his phone as a flashlight. "I'm sure I put it here.." In the middle of his key searching, he heard some strange scratching noises. His heartbeat raced and looked around. He looked at the time and it was already ten at night. "This is exactly why I sleep at home." He ran away from that spot and went to the main hall. The only problem is, there's only one person left in there, the receptionist, and she's asleep. But at least, there's a little light coming from a lamp. "Where is it? I'm creeped out right now. Don't give me a hard time." And that was when he heard footsteps coming from the dark hallway. "Holy shit."

He brought his bag and once again ran, looking for a safer place. He stopped near the fountain and searched his pockets, only to find out that he kept his key safely in his phone case. He sighed in relief and looked for his room.

On his way there, he heard a laughing feminine voice. Its echoes got stuck in his head as he walk around the place. Taehyung was close to screaming for help but good thing he found his room. He ran to the door and unlocked it as fast as he can. He went in and brushed his hair back.

It didn't take long when he noticed a girl sleeping, facing his direction. He narrowed his eyes and ran back to the door to check the number. "It's seven. She's seven too?" Hugging his bag, he quietly opened the sliding door to the second room and slowly placed his bag on the floor.

The teachers couldn't let a boy and a girl sleep next to each other so they made them use separate rooms.

He was peacefully placing the blanket on the floor when he heard scratching noises again. Without thinking twice, we went out with his stuff and made his bed a meter further from her. At least he's with someone. He hugged his pillow and tried to fall asleep.

"Yah. Get up." He called and lightly kicked her leg. "Bus leaves in fifteen minutes."

"Give me minute." Jennie sleepily answered and stretched her arms up. Taehyung nodded and sat at the corner and waited, crossing his arms. "Hold up." She said and wide-eyed looked at him. "Kim Taehyung?!"

"I'm surprised as you are. Now get up before the bus leaves us." She wanted to argue but she had her priorities sorted. Taking out her clothes from the bag, she rushed to the bathroom but quickly went out and called Taehyung. "Stay out for a while."

"O-oh, sure." He stood up and left, closing the door.

Jennie took a quick bath and wore her clothes. She did wonder how on earth did Taehyung ended up staying in the same room as hers but shook it off thinking it was another coincidence.

They'll be staying there for another night so might as well deal with it, rather than make a scene. As long as he doesn't do anything weird, it's gonna be fine.

"You can sleep in the second room. Why did you have your blankets folded next to mine?" An idea popped up in her head and spoke before he could. "Is it the white lady again?"

"White lad- You guys really love to tease me with that story. I know you think I'm making it up but there was really someone. Until now you still don't believe me. And I heard strange noises last night. I can't sleep alone."

"It's obvious. She followed you here." She smirked and walked faster.

"Yah. Yah! Stop joking around. I'm telling you. I will keep sleeping beside you if I hear it again." They went inside the bus only to find out that their classmates set them up again. They left them two vacant seats near each other.

Jennie combed her hair back and took a deep breath. "Disappointed but not surprised." She sat near the window and Taehyung had no other choice but to sit next to her. He wanted to distance himself since that night and pretended not to care anymore. But he can't.

"Chocolate?" He asked and handed it to her.

Jennie looked at it then sighed. "I'd prefer milk but I don't think you have-" He opened his white backpack and took out a box of fresh milk. "Tss.. Thanks." She got it and pushed the straw in.

"Today must be a good day. You're being nice to me."

"I'm just hungry." Taehyung chuckled and ate the chocolate. "While we're at it.. Do you, by any chance, have cookies?"

"Cookies?" He asked and opened his bag widely, showing her a bag full of assorted snacks and drinks. "Just pick whatever you want." Jennie laughed and searched for a snack she wanted.

--
I'll post two chapters! Congratulations to the members of Enhypen! Make sure to check them out, they are so cute💓 And don't forget to stream Treasure's 'I love you'💎🤗 These babies are amazing!! I hope everyone would support them without hating the other☺