🍭Four: I don't love you anymore

A U T H O R

He fell on his bed and brushed his hair back. "I shouldn't be feeling this. I was the one who ended everything.. But she seemed a bit..different. Aish!!! Why am I thinking about her? I don't care about her. I shouldn't care about her."

Three days have passed since he came back. When he told his girlfriend that he's currently in Korea, he expected her to feel happy and excited but that wasn't the case. Whenever he asks her to have dinner with him, she always had her excuses. It scared him.

Until this day came.

'I'll go visit you later. And can you not call me every minute? There are other things I'm busy with.'

"Okay.. But don't get mad at me. I just miss you-" She already ended the call before he even finished. "Timing's not right. She must be in a bad mood."

He came up with reasons why Haerin was acting like that. Stayed away from the negative thoughts and kept thinking positive. He loves her too much.

"Haerin-ah." He called her as if she's the most beautiful flower in the whole world. The guy's enchanted by her. "Why aren't you acting like yourself?"

"Didn't I tell you? I'm busy." He knew something was off but he didn't want to focus on that. "What do you want so I can leave?"

"Yah.. Didn't you miss me? Why are you acting like you didn't want to see me? Haerin.. Is something bothering you?" His heartbeat raced. Nervous and scared. She never gave him the cold shoulder before.

"Do you want me to be honest? Like really honest?" She took a step closer and looked up to his face. "I'm tired of this. This doesn't give me the same butterflies as before."

And there she said it. He gulped and looked straight into her eyes. "W-what are you trying to say? Rin.." She hasn't said anything yet but he was tearing up. Please don't say what I'm thinking right now. Please don't..

"I don't love you anymore." Just like he was shot to the heart, his tears continuously fell from his eyes. "I'm tired of being with you. I'm tired of seeing your face. I'm tired of hearing your voice. The reason why I went back here is because I didn't want to see you. Is that clear enough?"

"N-no.." He held her hand and shook his head. "You're just kidding, right? Of course you still love me. Don't say that."

"Tae, I don't. My feelings for you are completely gone so let me go. Let's break up." Her words stabbed him multiple times. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Rin, I love you." He brought his face to her cheek and caressed it. "You still love me, I know that. Hmm?"

"I'm sorry." She pushed his hand away and attempted to leave when Taehyung pulled her back and kissed her lips. Feeling anger building inside her, she quickly pulled away and slapped him. "Tae, I really don't! Stop being like this! We're over." She wiped her lips before walking away, leaving him.

"Rin!" He shouted but she didn't bother coming back. "No.. No, this is not happening." His legs started falling weak. Taehyung held onto the table beside him for support. His tears kept streaming down his cheeks. "This is not happening. Why.." His body felt numb so he just let himself fall on the floor and cry. "Andwe. She won't do this.. Was it my fault? Did I do something?"

"Of course you didn't! You don't have to blame yourself for everything. She just doesn't like you."

"Why? What is wrong with me? I'm willing to give her my all. Why can't she give me a chance? Jen.."