🍭Thirty-five: You'll fall for me, eventually

A U T H O R

Jennie stopped by at Taehyung's place and brought the things he might need. She insisted Jin to give her the keys since she wanted to do something for Taehyung after all he's done for her.

His place gave her nostalgic feels. It's like they're back to being those goofy teenage kids. She smiled to herself after looking back and realizing how happy they were.

Taking a handbag, she folded his clothes and placed them inside, sitting on his bed. Then suddenly, she got distracted by the picture frame on his bedside table. She took it and looked at the picture.

"This must be him when he was younger but..who's the girl?" The picture looked old but she kept wondering why Taehyung would keep something like this. She's maybe someone special to him. He could have a sister? She thought. "But she doesn't look anything like him."

But in the end, she gave up and decided to take the picture with her and ask him about it. "You're here?" He asked and struggled to sit despite his broken arm.

"What are you doing? You're gonna hurt yourself." She said and sat on the couch. "Where are Jin and Jisoo?"

"They left five minutes ago. Jin hyung had to run an errand at the school." He watched her as she fix the clothes inside his bag. "You're suddenly being like this.. Thank you."

"The least I could do." She then remembered the picture in his room. Quickly, she took it out and sat beside him. "I found this while I was packing. Who is she?"

Taehyung looked at the picture and smiled bitterly. "This?" He took it from her and sighed. "Kim Jennie. Did you ever wonder why I wanted to become friends with you? And why I helped you that day?"

"I haven't thought about it, actually. Why though?" She looked at the picture and thought. "Was it because..I remind you of her?"

Taehyung stopped for a moment. "Hmm. She was my neighbor when I was eight. She's funny, she's cheerful, innocent and really pretty. I always teased her because of her height. I.. Liked her."

Jennie was startled. He actually once liked his bestfriend but why couldn't he like her back then? She kept wondering. "How about her? Does she also like you?"

"A lot. I promised her that once we get older, I'll date her and I'll marry her." That's one big promise. He must have cared for her a lot.

"Where is she now then? If you promised to marry her then why did you keep crying your eyes out for me? You should've ran to her and not to me. How unloyal."

"How can I do that when she's too far. We were studying at their doorstep when her father came home, drunk. They weren't so well off and she couldn't even go to school because he spends their money on his addiction. That evening, both her parents were shouting at each other. She was crying saying she didn't want them to fight. And I thought I was doing the right thing when I interfered. But that only made things worse. Her dad took out a gun and aimed it at me. Everything happened so fast that I didn't even notice her running towards me and got shot instead of me. Everytime I remember what happened, I get mad at myself for failing to protect her."

"Taehyung.. Are you telling me she's.."

"Gone. And it's because of me. Because of our strong relationship. She got to involved with me that she risked her life to save me. That's why I ended our friendship too."

"Because you're scared you won't be able to protect me when the time comes?"

"Because you're someone special to me. At first I wanted to be friends with you to console myself because of what happened. That's why I saved you. But as we get to know each other, I was just happy because you're..you, not because you're like her but because you know how to make me laugh by just being yourself. But when I found out that you liked me, I remembered what happened that night. How I lost her before me. I never wanted that to happen again. I will seriously blame myself all my life. I had to end everything before you feel more involved to me. I was scared."

"So this is the real reason why. You should've told me then I would've understood and I wouldn't have gotten mad at you."

"If I told you, would you actually stay away and do nothing if I'm in danger? I know you won't."

"This is funny. I'd rather lose me than lose someone I cared for, for protecting me. But you'd rather lose you, to protect someone you care for. What kind of complicated shit is this?"

Taehyung chuckled and pinched her cheek. "Our complicated shit." She slapped his hand away, making him frown.

"You must miss her. If she turned out to be alive then it would've been chaotic. I'll be the villain in your love story. Don't you think?" She stood up and went back to the couch.

"I think I'll still like you." Jennie furrowed her brows and stopped. "Why? I wouldn't have fell for you if I still like her. You told me this too before. You wouldn't have fell for Minwoo if you still have feelings for me."

"Right. We might be friends again but it should be clear to you that I want nothing more than that. You better keep your feelings to yourself."

He smirked and looked away. "You'll fall for me eventually." He secretly said.

--
rEaSonS😏 One last chapter left!! jjsjanzhaknana

ANYWAYS!

TAKE ME TO YOU PARADISE CAUSE I DONT WANNA WAIT ANYMORE