🍭Twenty-One: You're two years late

A U T H O R

"Jennie!" He called after she left the party. She felt mad but at the same time confused. Taehyung actually likes her? He grabbed her hand and pulled her to face him. "Let me explain."

"Don't sweat it. I know you just said it so I won't look pitiful in front of Minwoo. Don't do it again." She yanked her arm away and continued walking. Until Taehyung said,

"That's not it. I'm telling you the truth." Jennie furrowed her brows and turned around. "I really like you. For real, Jennie. It's not for show and it's not because I want to get back at your boyfriend."

"You're out of your mind, Taehyung." Thinking he's just messing with her, she got all the reason to leave but that wasn't the case for Taehyung. This was the right time to confess.

He went after her and held her shoulders. "Listen to me. I couldn't believe it at first but Jen, I'm more than sure of how I really feel. I thought it was only because I wanted to have you back as my friend but it's not. I wanted us to be more than that."

But after everything he said, she shook her head and pushed his hands away. "You're uttering nonesense. Don't make a fool of yourself."

"I'm not. I want you more than just friend. If only you'll give me another chance to prove myself..please. I can do so much better than Minwoo."

"And you expect me to believe that? Let me clear this, one more time. I don't want to get involved with you ever again. What you feel right now? It's all bullshit. You treated me horribly, Kim Taehyung. There's no way you could feel something like that."

"You liked me." Her eyes instantly widened after what he said. "You said you fell for me, Kim Jennie. Can't you feel the same thing again? Don't you feel anything for me anymore?" He walked closer and looked deeper into her eyes. "I'm willing to return the feelings you had for me. I'm willing to love you this time."

"Taehyung." She seriously called. "You're history. Do you think I'll love Minwoo if I still feel that useless feeling towards you? I did fall for you but it's all in the past. I don't like you anymore. I'll be a total fool if I fall for you again. Keep your feelings to yourself or might as well find someone else. You can't have me anymore. You're two years late."

She pushed him away and left. He wanted to go after her but his tears came before he knew it. "Is it really hard to forgive me?!!! Jennie I'm doing the best I can to make up for what I did!!!" He shouted and kicked the things close to him. "Why can't you see how hard I'm trying to have you back?"

He brushed his hair back in frustration. When he thought things couldn't get any worse, the skies cried with him as he kept feeling bad after getting flashbacks of how happy they were back then. How she would smile at him and how clingy she would get if they have those little misunderstandings. How he wished he could go back and keep holding onto her.