chapter twenty two

"Sebastian you're going to have to hit me harder than that

"Sebastian you're going to have to hit me harder than that." I groaned when he simply just tapped me in the shoulder.

"I can't. What if I hit you too hard? I promised your mom and brother I'd keep you alive."

"Hit me." I rolled my eyes.

"No. Your mom and brother are going to haunt me."

"Hit me."

"No-OW!" I punched him in the stomach.

"Hit me." I growled.

"No-"I kicked him on his shin. "Baby that hurts."

I started throwing punches at him hitting him in his chest, jaw and neck. I continue to do it until he grabs one of my arms holding it behind me pressing me against the ropes around the ring.

"Sapphire." He says my name in a warning tone.

"Sebastian." I mocked his tone. He lets me go, I turned around to look at him.

"I may be a girl but c'mon let's train properly. I've fought my whole life, I'm pretty sure my defense skills are top notch." I leaned on the ropes sitting on the middle on.

"You're not just any girl, you're my girlfriend." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well girlfriend or not, we're going to spar." I threw a punch at him but he dodges it.

"Sapphire, I don't want to."

"Sebastian?" I smiled.

"Hmm?"

"I don't care." I threw a hard punch at his jaw. His head flew to the left almost making him lose his balance. He rubs his jaw before looking back at me.

"Fine." He throws a punch to which I successfully dodge.

We continue to throw punches, kicks and flips and throwing each other around for a couple hours. Once both of us were worn out we laid on the mat trying to catch our breathe.

"Wow you're good." Sebastian mumbles.

"So are you." I turned around so I could see his face. "Take your weakness and use it as a motivation."

"What?" He asks turning to lay on his side.

"Talon taught me to use my weakness and turn it into a motivation. Not many people could do it because you know it's a weakness. It's takes a lot for a weakness to go away." I told him tracing the tattoo on his arm.

"What are my weaknesses?" He asks me raising a brow.

"Why are you assuming that I know what your weakness is?"

He shrugs sitting up. "You're observant?"

"I am aren't I?" I giggled. "Your weakness is losing the people you care about the most."

"You are a strong leader, one of the best that I've ever met—"

"And slept with." He winks.

"The only one that I ever slept with." I rolled my eyes playfully. "You're driven, you can fight and you could do it all day—"

"I could also have sex with you all day." He smirks pulling me onto his lap.

"Sebastian?" I leaned closer to his face. Our lips centimeters away from each other.

"Yes baby?"

"I will murder you if you don't let me finish." I tapped his nose before moving my face back but staying seat on his lap.

"You're skilled, and a very dedicated man but your weakness is what's gonna get you to fall."

"Ouch."

"No ouch. You can have a weakness, just don't show it. Fear is very noticeable which is why you have to hide it. When you deal with prisoners it's different because you know you have the upper hand. You're the leader so the guard and the people who work for you have to listen however in a fight the other person is just as driven and dedicated as much as you are. Both of you have fears and weaknesses, if you can't use your weakness as a motivation you take theirs and use it against them."

"How do you know so much? I know you grew in a gang house but majority of the people here don't even know that." He asks putting his hands on my waist.

"I pay attention to what Talon says. He may abuse me, and stuff but he has good advice." I shrugged tracing his abs. Oh these beautiful abs. So scrumptious.

"You're amazing." He whispers grabbing my face.

"I know." I pecked his lips.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: january 27th, 2020