22. Swim of madness

My body stood there in its track.

He has never joined the swimming team.

As my eyes turned away from him...

I'm surprised Ivy didn't follow him into this like a puppy.

My legs felt my anger and started really thinking about taking another step when I got stuck right in my place.

"Wait, where are you going?" My eyes finally met the chocolate hidden in his eyes.

His grip tightened and that's when I realized he had grabbed my right arm.

My eyes dropped down to his hand.
"We still have a lot of time. Was wondering if you wanted to come grab some papers with me" his voice low.

I wanna leave here anyway.

"Sure" I nodded my head. Being so done with this fucking swimming.

I wish it was easy asking to quit.

"You look cute by the way" I was following him but his eyes weren't on me. He was walking forward as he opened the door and we walked out of the swimming area.

A cold chill went down my thighs along with my spine. Blowing my thick tight curls back.

My stomach started hurting from the amount of flying butterflies. They were having too much fun in there.

I didn't say anything in reply but he could tell I was blushing.

We didn't talk until we entered the coaches office.

"Sooooo." He faced me as we both entered the office. Not bothering to start looking.

"Not gonna tell me about yourself?" He smiled flirtatiously as he sat down on the big desk that took half the room.

His body.

"I- I don't know. What do you wanna know?" This is so awkward.

My body argued with my legs to move away from the door but they refused. I'm standing right behind the door. It's closed and I'm just standing.

"Okay... um. Here's a really stupid one" he started moving and fixing stuff around him just to seem busy and not embarrassed.

"Do you have someone?" Please don't mean what I think it means. I'm begging. This is gonna turn too awkward.

His eyes didn't leave me or my body.

I'm shaking inside. I'm burning up. I'm falling off a cliff.
I'm slipping off a mountain that has full air at the top.

"Aren't... we spoused to be looking for some kind of papers?" My voice came out quietly because I couldn't breathe. My chest is under thousands of rocks.

He smiled and looked down then got off the table which was a sign for me to start moving.

You should answer the question, Wavily. You should.
He seems kind. He seems genuine.

"I don't have anyone." My voice came out faster than my eyes searching through the lockers. Searching for something I have no idea what it looks like.

The second I said that I opened a locker only for a pack of papers to fully fall out. Covering my feet.

"Shit" I dropped down my knees to the ground only for another pair to drop down next to mine. A laugh 2 inches away from my face.

My mind screamed at me when I looked up.

Met with the most beautiful light brown eyes. Soft lips.