2.

Kate's expression immediately turned to an angry one.

"The hospital is a place where people come to rest so i ask you to respect that. That's means no loud music, yelling or running though the hallls."

"They don't sound too bad, they're just like the rules we have at home." Her mom said trying to cheer Kate up.

Kate ignored her attempt and looked away.

"Let's talk about why you're here and what's going to happen." I said.

"As we discussed earlier on the phone Kate will be receiving her chemotherapy trough on infusion."

Her mom nodded as Kate still looked unbothered. I was starting to think that she didn't even want to be threated. Mabye that was also the reason that her mom didn't want to meet me in person until she actually was admitted.

"We offer physical therapy if that is needed but i don't think that it will, atleast for now. Her first treatment will last a couple of months and then will do a complete checkup to see if it's helping her."

"Will she receive any other medication?" Her dad aksed.

I nodded. "She will get medicine to help with the side effects of the treatment such as painkillers."

"If Kate condition worsen we'll have to think about doing a stem cell transplant but we'll discuss that when it comes to that point."

"Are there any other questions?"

They all looked at each other before shaking their dad.

"Then it's time to show Kate her room. Please follow me."

As we were walking to her room i bumped into Michael.

He happily introduced himself to rest and joined us.

Kate ignored him, she didn't even smile at him. She kept walking in the back with her head down.

"Seems like a happy new patient." Michael whispered in my ear.

I ignored him and showed Kate her room.

"This will be your temporary new home."

"Thanks." She said unenthusiastic as she put her bag down.

As i explained everything to them i noticed that Kate hadn't said a word.

"Everything alright Kate? You've been awfully quiet."

"Don't bother, she isn't a big talking. I don't think that I've ever heard her say more than 5 sentences in a row." Her mom replied for me.

"Sounds like a prefect match to me." Michael joked to me.

I gave him am angry look in return. I hated when he made fun of the fact that i wasn't a big talker.

Thank god Michael pager went off and he was needed somewhere else.

"See you, melon." He said as he run out.

I wanted to choke him but i took a deep breath and put a smile on my face.

"So what do you think about it?" I asked Kate.

She simply shrugged and sat down on her bed. I wondered if she would talk more without her parents.

"Is there anything you need from me?" Is asked all of them.

The dad stepped forward and nodded.

"Kate can you wait outside? We want to talk to dr Hood privately. " Her mom spoke to her.

"She doesn't need to leave." I said to the parents.

But Kate was already standing. "It's fine." She said as she walked out of the room.

"What seems to be the problem?" I aksed the parents.

"We where wondering how fit she'll be in the upcoming period. You see, Kate is singed to a model agency and we would like to keep her working as long as possible. But only if she's well enough to do so of course."

Their question kinda surprised me. Most parents would ask about the school situation. I also thought that Kate was only 17 so the idea of her having to work right now seemed weird.

"She's 17 right?" I aksed the parents just to be sure.

They both nodded.

"Doesn't she need to go to school at her age?"

"Kate finished school when she was around 15. She was homeschooled so she had enough time for other activities."

"Well i thinks it's up to Kate to decided if she's fit enough. Most patients will still have lot of energy in the first period of treatment. But she will feel sick after her chemo treatment so keep that in mind."

"Any other questions?" I added.

"Therapy is included, right?" Her mom asked.

"Yes, it is. But you can tell me if you feel like Kate needs more therapy than the groups session's then we offer. "

"That won't be necessary." Her dad said with a smile.

"May i ask you why you wanted to have Kate out of the room to ask these things?" I asked the both of them.

"Kate is heavily against therapy so we kinda have kept that a secret from her. If we told her she would've never come here." The mom answered

"But don't worry she won't give you any trouble or anything. She just doesn't like to talk to people and especially those who make money off of it." Her dad added.

I  nodded, it all seemed a bit strange to me. But i wasn't here to worry about their family dynamic, i was here to cure Kate.

"I'll go get her." Her mom said as she walked out the room.

Not even 2 seconds later she was back. "I can't find Kate."

I sighed, i had my suspicions about where she could be.

"Don't worry, I'll go get her. The hospital isn't as big as you think it is. You can wait here." I said to the parents before walking away.

Kate

My parents where taking so long. I was getting bored, i didn't bring anything to entertain myself. I wanted to take my phone back from my mom but it sounded like to much trouble.

So i decided to take a look around the hospital. Calum had said that they're mutiple children of my age in this unit. Making a few friends wouldn't hurt.

As i walked i noticed a few things, nobody bumped into you yet i felt extremely invisible. Everybody was doing there own thing and was to busy to take notice of others.