30.

I was woken up by someone slightly
moving me around. "Wake up sunshine. It's a new day again." Calum whispered to me.

"Why can't nights be longer then days?" I groaned to him as i opened my eyes.

"You need to ask that question to someone with a higher education I'm afraid."

I rubbed my eyes and smiled at him. "I don't that's possible."

"How are we feeling today?" He aksed as he sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"Much better than yesterday but that's probably because i have slept a lot of hours."

"That's good to hear."

"Are my parents coming today?" I aksed him.

He nodded. "Yes your labwork will come back this morning so i have made the appointment with your parents this afternoon. You of course also have to be there."

"What if it's not the results that we where looking for?"

He placed his hand on mine and look my in the eyes. "Then we will find a way to make those results the ones we wanted. You do not need to worry about a thing."

Little did i know that the peaceful moring was soon the intruped by my  lovely mother.

"What the hell Kate?" My mom yelled at me as she stormed into the room.

I quickly sat up. She had scared me with her aggressive entrance.

"Did you really think i wouldn't find out that you tried to contact her?"

"I don't think this is the place and moment to have this conversation." Calum said as he tried to remain calm.

"No i think this is exactly the right time. You tried to call the old number of your mom a while back." She continued.

"I..i.." i stuttered scared to her.

"You don't need to lie to me. The phone company informed me about it because her old phone number is still linked to mine."

I was so confused and angry that i simply didn't know what to say back.

Calum stepped infront of my mom and me. "I think it's best if we discuss this matter further outside. Kate is cleary confused and needs to process everything. You can talk to her in a moment." He spoke calmly to her.

"Fine but don't think that this will go unpunished young lady." My mom said to me as Calum guided her out of the room.

I sighed relieved and let myself fall back on my bed. Why did my mom have to be such a drama queen? I don't even how she has done it but she had secured every single thing that could possibly take me to my biological mom.

As i was thinking about the entire situation i felt angry. She wasn't the boss over me and i had every right to talk to my real mom.

I stood up, put my jacket on and went to River's room.

I barged in his room without knocking.

"I'm leaving." I said to him.

He sat up with a confused look. "What the hell do you mean?"

"I'm going to find my mom. Are you coming or not?"

"I can't. You know that i can' walk like you do. Besides I'm not leaving without permission from my doctor."

"Since when did you became such a pussy?"

He scoffed as he shook his head. "Unlike like you i want to walk ouf of her alive."