3.

As i walked through the hallway i passed a room that was completely decorated. It looked like a normal teenager room, not a hospital one.

Out of curiosity i walked into the room and took a look around.

As i was walking out of the rooms a boy who appeared to be around 18 walked in.

"Who are you?" He asked with an angry face.

I didn't liked his attitude so I didn't bother to answer his question and continued walking.

"Hey, I'm talking to you missy." He said as he ran after me.

I sighed and turned around to introduce myself.

"I'm Kate, and you are?"

"River." He said as he shook my hand.

I took a quick look at him. It was a weird name but he also looked a bit strange. He was really tall and slim. Messy dark hair with green eyes and a shitty tattoo on his wrist.

"You look like you're already dead." I said as i kept walking.

"Haha very funny. You'll look the same in a few months." He said offended.

I stopped and looked him in the eyes with a smile on my face. "Not if i die before then."

He looked shocked when i said that. "You're dying?"

"We all are." I said a i continued to walk.

"You're weird."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment so thank you."

"Wasn't a compliment." He mumbled.

I ignored him as i tried to find my way in this maze called a hospital.

"Will you stop for a moment? I'm trying to talk to you." River said from behind me.

I stopped causing him to bump into to me. "Where's a good place to hang out around here?"

He awkwardly took a step back. "I don't know, i usually go to the roof."

"Wanna go there now?"

"Sure, follow me."

I followed him up the stairs to the roof. He was right, it looked like decent hangout spot.

He sat down and grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"You smoke?"

I nodded as i sat down next to him.

"Wait how old are you?" He asked before handing me the cigarette.

"17."

He shrugged and handed it to me along with his lighte. "Old enough for me."

I passed the lighter back to him and leaned back. I definitely didn't mind staying here till i died.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Leukaemia, you?"

"Bone cancer." He replied.

I looked at him. "How long did the doctor's gave you."

He shrugged. "I don't like to think about that. They caught it quite early though. So i have a pretty solid chance of walking out her alive."

"I hope you do. You seem like a decent person."

"Same to you."

We both stayed quiet for a while until River picked the conversation up again.