8.

I was woken up by people talking. I slowly opend my eyes and saw my mom standing in my room with Calum

"I truly don't believe that this is a good idea right now." Calum spoke to my mother.

"She told me yesterday that she was feeling fine." My mom replied agitated.

Calum sighed. "She might not feel sick any more but she's still very tired. Most patients stay in bed for atleast 2 days after their first chemo."

"Can't you guys talk outside?" I asked to the both of them while i slowly sat up.

"It's okay, dr Hood was just leaving."

She was lying about that by look on Calum face.

"I'll be back in a minute." He said before he left the room.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" My mom asked with a fake smile.

I ignored her question because the answer wouldn't change anything. "When are we leaving?"

She looked at her watch. "An hour."

I put my hand forward. "May i have my Phone?"

"Of course, here you go."

When I opened Instagram i saw that i was logged out which only meant one thing.

"You changed my password."

"I'm sorry i just thought that was the best for now."

I didn't understand her at all, why would that be the best for me?

"Why?" I asked slightly angry.

"Well i don't want you posting any hospital stuff on there. Because you'll lose followers and sponsorships if you do."

"So not posting at all is better?"

"No of course not silly. We just upload some old pictures."

I definitely didn't agree with that. I about to say something about it but then realized that i didn't need to. She would find out herself that old pictures won't do the trick for a long time.

"Did my doctor gave you permission?" I asked her.

She laughed nervously. "Of course."

I squinted my eyes at her, i doubted it she was telling me the truth.

"He did give me permission but he also said that he wasn't a big fan of then idea."

I kinda hoped that Calum could stop my mom because i was too scared to do it.

There was a knock on the door.

"Can i speak to her for a second?" Calum asked my mom.

"Fine." She said annoyed.

My mom gave me a glance before she left the room. As if she was warning me to watch my mouth.

"How are you feeling?" Calum asked as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Tired."

"Do you want to go with your mom today?"

Absolutely not but she said that it was the last time so i had no choice.

"Yes."

"Are you sure? It's okay to not do it. Your body still needs to rest."

I shook my head. "It's fine, it will only be a few hours."

"Kate I want you to be honest with me. There's nothing i can do to stop your mother unless you say that you're not feeling well. And i truly don't think that you're feeling good enough to do some stupid photoshoot."

I remained quiet for a minute to think about the right decision.

"I'm going with my mom."

He sighed as he nodded.

"Don't forget to take your medication and to eat something before you leave."

"I won't forget." I said a smile.

He didn't smile back and left the room

I could tell that i had disappointed him but i didn't really know why.

"Kate! What are you doing?" My mom asked panicked when she walked in.

"Eating breakfast."

"Don't do that. I don't want you to look bloated during the shoot."

I gave her an angry look. I was going to drop dead is she wouldn't let me eat something.

"I'll take you to McDonald's afterwards but just don't eat anything now."

That was enough convincing for me. I put my food down and looked at her. "If you insist on it."

She sighed relieved. "Thank you, you're the best."

"What did he say to you?" She whispered.

"Nothing special. He just asked if i felt good enough to go."

She leaned back and nodded. "Well you are feeling good enough so that was a waste of his time."

I nodded. Not because i agreed with her but simply because i wanted her to stop talking.

"We're leaving in 30 minutes. I'll give you some privacy to get ready." With that said she left the room.

I quickly got ready and met up with my mom in the waiting room.

"Where's dad?" I asked her as we walked towards the car.

"You know how he is. He finds his job the most important thing in the world."

"I know." I mumbled disappointed, i kinda missed him.

It was only a short drive. We arrived at our destination after driving in an awkward silence for 30 minutes.

We entered the building and where greeted by an woman who was around 30 years old. She was holding a clipboard in her hand and smiled at us.

"You must be here for the photoshoot." She said mainly to my mom.

"Yes we are." My mom replied as she shook the woman's hand.

"I thought she was going to be smaller." I heard the woman whisper to my mom while she looked at me.

My mother didn't react to the comment which i was happy about. The woman was just taking shit, i haven't gained any weight in at least a year.

"Walk with me, I'll take you to the dressing room." She spoke to me as she looked me up and down.

I simply gave her a polite smile and followed her.

The worst part about having a photoshoot of some sort is that people are constantly touching you. And if they aren't doing that then they're yelling.

Mutiple people tucked at my dress to make sure it fitted the way they wanted. It was a short thight dress which made me feel pretty uncomfortable.

"Clothes look good. Now get ger hair fixed." A woman demanded.

"Are there any other models?" I asked the lady who was doing my hair.

She shook her head. "Not today. You're the only one at the moment."

I didn't mind that but it still felt a bit weird. Usually there where more people but then again this was a pretty small and sketchy company.