23.

As always i was woken up by a nurse who brought me breakfast and my meds.

What was differnt this morning was that Michael came to check on me instead of Calum

"Theres my little troublemaker." Michael said as he walked into my room.

"You heard about us sneaking out?" I said as i stretched.

He nodded with a smile. "You guys are celebrities."

I laughed when he said that.

"Is Calum in surgery?"

Michael only visited me when Calum had a surgery. He was kinda like my backup doctor.

He nodded as he inspected my chart. "Yes he'll be done in an hour or two."

"You seems to doing okay." He said after he had checked my vitals.

"Do you also feel okay?"

I shrugged. "I feel alright."

He noticed the flyer for the talent show on the wall.

"Are you going to participate?" He aksed poiting to it.

"River wants me to sing while he plays the guitar but i don't even know if i can sing."

"Let's hear something and then we decide if you can or can't."

"What am i supposed to sing?" I aksed nervously.

He shrugged. "Anything that you want."

"Give me a song and I'll try to sing it."

He grabbed his phone to search for a song.

"Here try this one." He said as he handed me his phone.

They song that he had chosen was complicated by Avril Lavigne.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

He nodded. "It's an easy song to sing and it sounds good.

I cleared my troat and started singing.

I only dared to sing half of the song because i didn't really think that it sounded that good.

"Damm Kate do you have any other secret talents i should know about?" Michael asked.

"Did it sound alright?"

"Of course it did. You sounded amazing. The only thing that is stopping you is lack of confidence in singing."

I sighed and looked down. "I don't think this is a good idea."

He genlty lifted my chin. "It definitely is. I'll help you improve your singing skills."

"You can sing?"

He smiled proudly as he nodded. "I used to be in a band back in highschool."

I laughed a little. "I don't believe that."

"I'll proof it some other time to you. But right now you should go to River and tell that you're joining that competition."

I smiled and thanked him.

I walked to River's room to let him know that i wanted to join the talent showwith him. I was so excited to do so that i was basically running.

I was about to enter his room but stopped myself when i heard voices coming from his room.

I layed my ear on the door so i could what they were talking about.

"I'm done for." River cried out.