15.

"A little cold to be outside at this hour isn't it?" A guy asked as he sat down next to ne.

I looked at him. He had blond hair with brown
roots showing and he was wearing glasses. He looked familiar.

"It's not that cold." I said to him while i was clearly shivering.

"Why are sitting here?"

I shrugged, i didn't feel like explaining that to him.

"I could ask you the same thing."

He smiled. "I'm here because i was about to go home but then i saw you and got worried."

"Why?"

He didn't even known me so what did he have to worry about?

"Patients are normally sleeping at this time or atleast inside. I wanted to make that you where okay before i left."

"Do you know my doctor Calum?" I aksed wanting to know why he seemed so familiar.

"I do, he's my roommate."

"Wait you all live together with Ashton and Luke?"

He nodded.

That was it, i could never talk to Calum until i trusted all of his friends.

"Any more roommates?" I asked.

"No, just the 4 of us."

Thank god, any more then that would've stressed me out.

"Why do you all live together?"

He shrugged. "We've been friends for so long that it was hard to image it any another way. Besides we mainly live in the hospital so we don't really get in each other way."

"Sounds nice."

"I thinks it's time for you to go back to your room." He said to me.

"I don't want to go back."

"It wasn't really a question. I don't want you to get sick."

"A little too late for that." I whispered.

He stood and offered me his hand "You know what i mean."

I sighed, i knew that one cold could make me sick for a whole week. But it didn't really matter to me.

I followed him inside with my arms wrapped around myself. It was indeed pretty cold outside.

"Why where you outside in the first place?" Micheal asked once we where back in my room.

"I didn't feel like sleeping and the hospital has this weird vibe during the night."

"So you went outside to sit in the cold?" He asked refusing to believe me.

"Correct." I said as i layed down in my bed.

He sighed. "Atleast put a jacket on next time."

"I will." I was kinda surprised that he wasn't mad or going to give me a whole speech.

"Goodnight Kate."

"Goodnight." I mumbled back.

I woke up with the feeling that there was a bug crawling over my arm. But when i opened my eyes i saw that it was Ashton.

"Sorry to wake you but i want to talk to you." He whispered.

I groaned and turned around. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him.

"Please Kate."

I sat up and looked at him. "Why?"

"Because I'm worried about you. Michael told me that you were sitting outside last night."

I shrugged "Not much to talk about."

"Why were you outside?"

"Because i needed some fresh air and wanted to be alone but that clearly failed."

Ashton wanted to say something but was interrupted by my mom barging in.

"Ah dr Irwin I'm so happy to see you taking to her." She said with as smile.

The both of us were surprised by my mom's present.

"I think it's best if you wait outside until I'm done talking to her." Ashton said to her.

"How's that bucket list going?" My mom aksed me completely ignoring Ashton.

"Did Ashton tell you about that?"

She nodded. "I called him because i was worried about you. "

I thought I could trust Ashton but apparently not. One phone call to my mom and she would know everything.

I stepped out of bed and tried to leave the room but Ashton stopped me. "I think you should answer your mom's question."

I was extremely tired and irritated but he didn't seem to get the hint.

I gave him an angry look and took a few steps back. Why was he being like this?

"I think that a bucket list is a marvellous idea. So don't be scared to show yours to me." My mom said with a kind voice.

"Don't play that bullshit with me."

"Excuse me?"

"A bucket list? Don't you realise how fucking stupid that is? Like hey i know your dying and not allowed to leave this place but still write your dreams down. Don't you realise that we came her to die? We didn't come her to finally start living. It's already too late for that. Life's over."

The room fell quiet after i said that.

"I..i think i should give the two of you a minute." My mom said before she walked out if the room.

I was extremely happy with that but i wasn't happy that Ashton was still here.

"Why are you still here?" I said angry to him.

He closed the door and sat down on the edge of my bed. "Because you're not really angry."

"How do you know?" I said still angry.

"Your scared of what you mom might think or say. You wanted her to leave but the only way to make her listen was to get angry."

I calmed down, he definitely was good at his job. "What i said wasn't a lie."

"That doesn't matter to me. You can think what you want about it."

I sat down next to him on my bed.

"May i see your bucket list?"

I hesitated and looked down. "There's not much on it."

"That's okay, sometimes a little is good enough."

That wasn't the answer that i hoped for. I didn't want him to see what i had written down. Hesitantly i handed him the piece of paper.

"I don't understand. I thought Mandy was your real mother?" He said after reading it.

I shook my head. "That's what she wants you to think."

I took the paper back from him. I had no choice but to tell him why i live with Mandy.

"I..i don't want to tell you." I said with tears in my eyes.

Everything had just moved so fast that i needed some time to breath. This was something that i needed to prepare for.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me right now." He said in a soothing voice as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Really?" I aksed as a tear rolled down my face.

He nodded with a smile. "Shall we make a deal? I will see you in two days in my office. That way you have some more time to think about what you're going to say. But it's perfectly fine if you still don't want to talk then."

I whiped my tears away and nodded. "We have a deal."