32.

"Well well will you look at that. The two lovebirds are back at it again." Michael said teasing as he walked into the room.

We both gave him an angry look. River and i where just friends nothing more.

He sat down on the end of the bed and looked at my with a sad face. "Calum told about your labresults. I'm really sorry."

I smiled at him. I didn't what to answer because i didn't know how to feel about them myself. It all came so unexpected and fast.

"Are you guys still going to attend the talent show?" Michael aksed to cheer me up again.

River and i looked at each other for a moment. We hadn't discussed it yet but i believe that we both were thinking the smae thing.

"No i don't think we are." I said.

River nodded in agreement.

"That's too bad. I was really excited to hear you guys play."

"Yeah so were we but we just don't have the time or energy to practice. But we might just learn something just for fun and not for some dumb competition." I said.

"God dammit." Michael whispered as his pager went off.

"I have go. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone. And leave some room for Jesus!" He yelled as ran out of the room.

We both laughed when he said that.

"I don't believe in jesus." I whispered to River.

He moved closer to me and put his arm around me. "Neither do i."

"About that talent show. You've never sang a song for me." River said.

"It's probably best if we keep it that way."

"Ahhw come on. I wanna heard it. I promise that i won't make a fool out if you."

"I'm only going to sing for you if i feel like it's the right moment."

He sighed and gave me a disappointed face.

"What does your tattoo mean?" I asked River to distraction him a bit.

He had a tattoo of a snake wrapped around his wrist. It was a white snake with red eyes.

"The tattoo itself doesn't really have that much meaning. I just think that snakes look really cool. An old friend of mine gave me this tattoo and designed it. That's why the tattoo is important to me."

"When i was younger i wanted to have a pet snake but my mom was really terrified of them." I said to him.

River smiled at me. "Mabye you can keep a pet snake in here."

I shook my head. "Doesn't sound like the best idea to me."

He played gently with my hair. "What where the results of your chemotherapy? Are your parents letting you stay here?"

I paused for a second. For some reason it was pretty hard to lie to him.

"The results came back positive. I mean there wasn't a big change but still a little one. So my parents are letting me stay here and Calum will still be my doctor.

"That's wonderful." He said excited.

I didn't share his excitement because it wasn't actually good news.

"I think I'm going to see Alice to let her know the good news." I said as i stepped out of the bed.

River pulled back his arm back and looked at me with a sad face. "You just got here."

"Don't worry I'll be back tomorrow. It's not like I'm going to another country."

"Say hey to Alice for me." He said.

"I will." I shouted back before i closed his door behind me.

Alice wasn't as active as she used to be. Her feeding tube had recently been removed which caused her to lose energy again.

I walked to her room and entered after i had knocked.

Alice had red puffy eyes, she had been crying.

"Everything alright?" I aksed as i sat down next to her.

She shook her head. "I don't think i can do it anymore. Why can't my brain just be normal?"

I put my arm around her to comfort her. "Yes you can. You've already come such a  long way, don't give up now."

She remained quiet as she sobbed into my shoudler.

"You wanna make a bucket list with me?" I aksed her.

She looked up and wiped her last tear away. "Sure."

I haven't been able to properly talk to Ashton or go to group therapy because I've been so busy. Making a bucket list with Alice was mabye something the both of us needed right now. It helped us to look forawrd to something especially after the news Calum had given me.

Michael

I was basically paged for nothing. I just had to asist with a surgery. I never really enjoyed surgeries unless they were on my own patients.

By the time i was finished it was already dark outside. Kate was already sleeping when i passed her room. I was kinda bumped out by that because i would've loved to cheer up after all the bad news.

The guys were all at home so decided to do that to. I clocked out and left the hospital.

When i got home i saw Calum sitting on the  couch with the tv on. Only he wasn't looking at the tv, he was looking at the ground.

"How's going?" I aksed him as i sat down next to him.

"Not splendid." He said moody.

"Talk to me."

"I haven't been able to find a match for Kate's transplant but the procedure has to be done as soon as possible. Normally i would just ask any family member to see if they are a match but i can't do that this time."

"Why don't you contact her biological mother?" I said.

"And how am i suppose to do that?"

"Call mandy and ask for the adress of Kate's biological mom. I'm sure she'll give it to you if you say it will help Kate. Or you can just check Kate's medical record. Most of time the name of the mother and other information is listed in there."

Calum sat up and looked at me with a smile. "You're a genius."

"Of course i am."

He ran out the room with his phone in his hand.

Almost 30 minutes later he came back with a smile on his face.

"I have the adress." He said as he waved a piece of paper around.

"She lives and hour away form here in an apartment complex." He said while he sat down next to me.

We both watched tv until i got too tired.

"I'm going to bed. Are you also going to sleep?"

He shook his head without taking his eyes of the tv.

I smiled as i walked out of the livingroom. There's was no way that he was going to sleep tonight. I haven't seen him so excited for something in a really long time. I just hoped that Kate's biological mom would want to meet him.