19.

"Kate! You are back." My dad said excited as he finally opend the door.

"Yeah i am." I said as i hugged him as tight as possible.

He hated hugs so he quickly pulled me away.

"You changed your hair." He said as i walked into the house.

"Yeah i did, do you like it?"

He shrugged. "Not really my style but it suits you. What did mom say about it?"

"She didn't really give her opinion but i think that she's okay with it."

"That's good."

"How are things at home?" I aksed him as i sat down on the couch.

He sighed as he sat down next to me. "It feels weird without you home, like the house lost his balance."

"So you miss me?"

He smiled as he put his arm around me. "Of course i do."

I looked at the ground. "Why didn't you visit me?"

"I'm sorry Kate. I really wanted to but work just always got in the way. Besides your mom is also a hand full."

I looked up at him with a confused look. "What do you mean by that?"

"She's constantly running around and stressing about how she needs to run your social media."

I rolled my eyes.

He laughed a litlle when he saw that. "I know what you're thinking. You're mom is indeed more attached to your career than you are."

I smiled at him. He understood me but  not enough to be able to help me like i want him to.

"Your mom is back." My dad said we heard the front door open.

"Here that's for you." She said as she handed me a box.

"What's this?"

"It's for your hair, it will get rid of the pink dye."

"I thought that you didn't mind it."

"I don't but i just prefer your blond hair and i know you do to."

"You don't get to decide that for me."

Me raising my voice was the sign for my dad that he needed to leave the room. He always left when me and my mom had an argument. I absolutely hated that because i needed him to help me stand up against her.

"You always told me that you feel the prettiest with blond hair." She said to me.

"No you just want me to feel like that."

"Kate I'm not having this argument with you. Go wash your hair so that we can shoot this video."

"No." I said firmly with mt arms crossed.

"I'm going to count to three and I'm gonna be real mad if you're still sitting on that couch after three."

I scoffed. Did she really think that childish method was going to work?

"1....2.."

She paused before she said three because i was ignoring her.

"3." She said angry.

I wanted to smile because i thought that i had won this fight but i was wrong.

My mom forcefully grabbed my arm and pulled me from the couch.

"Please let go, you're hurting me." I said as tried to get away from her.

She ignored me as she drag me to the bathroom.

"I didn't want it to come to this but you left me no choice." She said as she let my arm go.

I rubbed my arm, that was definitely going to leave a bruise. That was also one of the fun side affect of cancer. I bruise so easily that most of the time i don't even know what caused the bruise.

"Do you want me to do it or shall i?" She said with the stupid box in her hand.

"I'll do it." I said with a shaky voice.

She trew the box at me and left the bathroom. "I'm waiting infront of the door so don't try anything stupid."

I held my hand infront of my mouth as i tried to cry as silently as possible. Why did she have to be like this?

I read the instructions on the box which was pretty hard to do while crying.

After I did that i stepped into the shower. I was too scared that i would take too long so i didn't wait for the water to turn warm.

With cold water i rinsed my hair before i put the product which had to stay in my hair for 30 minutes.

"Are you finished?" My mom aksed after 10 minutes.

I whiped my last tears away and opend the door. "It has to stay in my hair for 20 more minutes."

She nodded and looked at her watch. "Alright, you can go back in the bathroom. I'll knock on the door when you need to rinse it."

I went back into the bathroom and sat on the ground with my knees tucked to my chest.

I jumped up when my mom knocked on the door. "Time's up."

"Okay." I said as i stood up.

The water had finally warmed up so that was positive.

I dried my hair, the color had left. I looked at myslef in the mirror and wanted to destroy it. I felt trapped again.

"You done?" My mom aksed impatient.

As a responds i walked out of the bathroom.

She forcefully touched my hair before nodding satisfied. "Looks perfect. Now go blow dry it so that we can shoot that promotion video."

I walked back into the bathroom with my head down. I was too tired to get angry at her or to cry. I just had to survive the next couple of hours.

My mom smiled proud at me when i came downstairs in my fancy clothes with my styled hair.

She kissed my forehead. "You look beautiful. I'm sorry for being so harsh on you ealier. You know that i only want what's best for you."

I nodded even though i know she was lying.

My dad was in the kitchen and gave me an thumbs up with a smile when i walked past.

"You look gorgeous as always." He said.

I smiled back at him but i much rather cried. Deep down i knew that they only wanted what i best for me but it definitely didn't feel like that right now.