22.

I stopped infront of the elevator. "I think it's best if you walk behind me and sneak to your room once we're up."

The doors of the elevator opened and the first thing that i saw was my mom with Calum.

"Shit." I whispered.

"You should sneak away as soon as possible." I said to Alice.

She shook her head. "I'll be right behind you. We're in this together."

I didn't want that answer from her. She didn't deserve to be in trouble when i was the one who came up with the idea.

"They're back." Calum said relieved as he saw us.

"I'm sorry." Was all that i was able to say.

My mom stood up and hugged me as thight as possible. "You scared me."

As she was suffocating me i saw Alice walk away with the man that i knew was her doctor.

My mom finally let me go. "I have to call your dad. We were all so scared that something happened to you."

She gave me one last hug before she walked away to call my dad.

I sighed and walk back to my room while Calum followed me.

"You can't disappear like that Kate. Who knows what could've happened." He said once we were in my room.

"But nothing happend so stop making this a big deal." I said annoyed.

He sighed. "Kate please look at me."

I turned my head to him with and angry look on my face.

"Promise me that you won't do something like this again. You did not only bring yourself but also Alice in danger. The both if you are very weak and are here with a reason. So many th2ibgs could've gone wrong today."

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. He was blowing this way out of portion.

He genlty grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him. "I know that nothing happend today but understand that you won't always be this lucky. Please promise me that you won't leave again without telling us."

He let go of my face so that i could answer him.

"I promise."

He smiled relieved. "Thank you."

I didn't know if i truly meant what i said. Being here all the time made me feel trapped and leaving the hospital for a while made me feel much better. It made me feel better than all the stupid medicine they are giving me.

"I don't think that i want to talk to my mom right now." I said as i looked at the ground.

"I think that you should. She was worried sick about you."

"Alright but i want to show you something after."

He gave me an confused look which i ignored.

My mom entered the room with red puffy eyes. "Why on earth would you leave the hospital?" She aksed me.

I shrugged.

"Kate please talk to me. The doctor's can't take care of you when you're sneaking out."

I gave her the simple answer. "I was bored."

She sighed and shook her head. "You really disappointed me today. Please just promise me that you won't do it again."

"I promise."

I didn't sound convincing at all but she didn't seem to care about that.

My mother turned to Calum. "I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. You have my number if anything else may happen."