37.

There was a knock at the door, i hoped for a second that it was my mom. But it was Michael which wasn't disappointing to me.

"How are we feeling little sunshine?" He asked with a smile.

"Pretty good actually." I said surprised by the fact.

"That's good to hear."

"But i am pretty bored." I said to him as he sat down next to me.

"What do you want to do about that?"

"Mabye we can finish watching harry potter?'

He smiled at me. "Of course we can. Do you want to join us melon?"

Calum have him an angry look but he did sat down on the other side next to me.

"I like that name." I whispered to him.

"Oh shut up." He said sarcastic.

We had only finished half of part 5 when a nurse entered the room. "Dr Clifford you're needed in the operation room."

He groaned. "Jeez i can never have a few hours of rest."

"It's okay, I'll see you soon."

"Indeed you will. Bye little sunshine."

I let myself relax against Calum. "I adore the calm moments like this."

"So do i, my job doesn't even feel like work right now."

After what felt like forever Ashton finally entered the room again.

"And?" I aksed immediately.

"Your mom wants to see you tomorrow in the afternoon if she still feels well enough." He said as he sat down next to me.

"Why not now?" I aksed inpatient.

"Because the both of out need as much rest as possible. You're transplant will most likely be finished by tomorrow. " Calum answered.

"That's faster than i thought." I said a bit surprised.

"But the sooner the better, right?" Calum asked with a smile.

I nodded, was that even an question?

Ashton looked up at the clock. "I think it's best if you go to bed."

"Already?" I complained.

He nodded. "No arguing, sleep is very important."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"Goodnight Kate." Ashton said as he hugged me goodbye. He left after he did that.

Calum turned the tv off and stepped off my bed.

"I need to use the bathroom." I said a bit embarrassed. Due to my current position i needed assistant with going to bathroom. Otherwise i might accidentally pull on one of the wires or move the wrong way.

"I'll page one of the female nurses." He said before leaving the room.

A minute later a friendly woman walked in and helped me out of bed. It didn't really feel that akward for me but it still wasn't something that i wanted to became a normal thing.

I put almost all my weight on her arm when she walked me back to my bed. My whole body felt so weak.

"Thank you so much." I said with a smile to the nurse when i was in my bed again.

"No need to thank me sweetie, I'm just doing my job. Goodnight." She said to me before leaving the room.

"Ready for bed?" Calum asked when he walked back in.

"You don't need to sleep here again. I'll be fine on my own for a while." I said to Calum. I wanted him here but i didn't like to see him sleep on that uncomfortable couch.

"I don't want to be any where else than here right now. Don't worry about the couch, as a doctor i can fall alseep every where and be comfortable."

"Thank you." I said with a smile to him.

Calum settled on the couch while i got comfortable in my bed. Which was pretty hard with all those damm wires connected to me.

"Goodnight Kate." He whispered.

"Goodnight." I whispered back.

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating. I felt beyond nauseous and overall sick.

Thankfully there was a bucket next to my bed that Calum had put there. He first only layed puke bags down but i never trused those things.

I was happy that i complained back then because i definitely needed the bucket right now.

All the noise woke Calum up which was something that i wanted to avoided. He didn't need to see every weak moment of mine.

He didn't even question what was happening. He just sat down next to me.

"I thought it would get better when it was done." I mumbled to him. The transplant was almost finished and only started to feel sick now.

He rubbed my back. "It will get better, it will Kate."

It continued like this for atleast 30 minutes unitl my body physically couldn't trow up anymore.

I leaned back with my eyes closed, i felt dizzy. "I think I'm done." I whispered to Calum.

"Can you open your eyes for me?" He asked.

I did as he aksed. He looked in them for a second before nodding. I was unsure of what he was looking for and couldn't be bothered to ask.

"Can i go back to sleep?"

"You don't want any mediation?" He asked a bit surprised.

I shook my head. "I'm tired."

All i wanted to do right now was sleeping.

"Alright but i will change out your IV bag."

I nodded as i my eye lids fell shut. I didn't even try to fight the sleep. Before i knew it i was alseep again.

When i woke up again i saw sunlight in my room.

Calum and Ashton were already in my room. They were whispered to each other which made me feel kinda uneasy.

I cleared my throat to let them know that i was awake.

Ashton immediately turned to me with a smile. "She's awake."

"How are you feeling?" Calum asked.

"Much better than last night." I said with confidence.

He nodded." "That's good to hear."

"Will she come today, my mom?" I asked the both if them.

Ashton nodded. "Yes I'm going to pick her up after you've finished breakfast.

After he had said that i immediately started eating the food that was lit bext to my bed.

They both smiled at me. "Clam down, your food is not to walk away." Calum said.

I ignored them and finished my breakfast.

I looked at Ashton who immediately understood what i mean. "Don't worry I'll go get your mom as soon as possible."

"As you should." I said as he left the room.

"Are you nervous to see your mother again?" Calum asked as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Yes, i have no idea what i actually want to say her. Or what if i don't recognise her anymore?"

"You don't need to worry about that. You'll known exactly who she is when she comes through that door."

He was probably right about that. It felt like it was almost impossible to forget the first face i saw in my life.