39.

I suddenly heard my mom snoring. I smiled at her, she had falling asleep.

It hadn't crossed my mind how tired she must feel after donating. Calum had told me that donating bone marrow was usually far more painful then receiving it.

Not even a second later Calum entered the room, with quite some noise of you'd ask me. But he quickly fell silent when he noticed that my mom was sleeping.

He tiptoed to me and sat down on the chair next to the bed. "How are you feeling?" He whispered.

I smiled as i glanced at my mom. "Couldn't feel any better."

"That's good to hear."

"She told me that i can celebrate Christmas with her." I said with joy to him.

However he didn't to share my happiness.

"What is it?" I aksed.

"I'm not  sure if you're allowed to leave the hospital by then. We need to keep a close on you for a few weeks to make sure that your body is not rejecting the cells."

I looked down at my mother's hand that i was holding. It would be difficult to convince him that i was well enough to go to my mom but it would find a way.

"Is three weeks not enough to do that?"

"It is but I'd rather not have you home when you're still recovering and very weak."

"I'll proof to you that I'll be in prefect condition in tree weeks so that i can come home with my mom to celebrate Christmas."

He sighed, he knew that he wasn't going to win this battle. "Fine, if your health allowes it you can go spent Christmas at your mom's house."

I immediately hugged him. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Why aren't you celebrating Thanksgiving?" I aksed him.

"I have better thinks to do. Besides my family doesn't live close to me so we usually only see each other with Christmas."

I kinda felt sorry for him that he didn't see his family that often.

"You should probably get some sleep." He said changing the subject.

I sighed, i didn't feel that tired yet. I had been laying in bed all day that i had no reason to be tired.

"I'll drop by in the morning."

I nodded, i didn't dare to say anything back because i might wake my mom up even more.

When i woke up my mom was gone. This freaked me out at first because i thought I was all alone. But thankfully Ashton was sitting on the couch.

"Good morning." I mumbled to him.

He put his phone down and looked up with a smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderful, i dreamt about my mom. Speaking of her, where is she?"

"She woke up before you so she went back to her own room." He said as he went to sit next to my bed.

"Are Alice and River coming back today?"

He nodded. "Yes both of them will come back in the evening. "

I was happy to hear that because i desperately wanted to talk to them. I had to tell them a lot and i was sure that they would feel the same.

"You wanna hear some more good news?" Ashton asked me.

"Of course i do. What is it?"

"You get to go back to your own room today."