Chapter 9

Hello Ladies and Germs! Sorry for not updating, college is time consuming. I will update when I can, but I wont make any promises about when I will update. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! Every body ya. No fucking way! WRONG SHOW!

"Alright Hadrian, starting today you are my apprentice. That means, that you follow my orders to the letter. After a while I will ask your input for projects, but for now keep your comments to yourself, unless you notice something is wrong. You may ask any question that is not stupid, as it is my job to teach you, but stupid questions are not worth the breath it took to ask them. Now, you will refer to me as Master, or Sir while we work. Outside of our time together you may call me Sidir, unless you've figured out my true name?" Sidir asked with a smirk.

"I haven't, but I think I'm close." Harry said.

"Well, when you think you've got it, ask." Sidir said. "But once you do, you must not speak it outside these walls, or outside your manor. Immortals are rare, and regular people don't like people who are thousands of years old wandering around." Sidir explained.

"So you're thousand of years old hm?" Harry asked. Sidir swore as he let that tidbit of information out.

"Anyway, do you have any questions before we begin?" Sidir asked.

"I have two questions actually." Harry started.

"Ask away." Sidir said.

"Bod taught me that almost all runes use ambient magic to power them. But in focci crafting, we use runes. Are these the few that are powered by our own magic?" Harry asked. "Indeed. There are a few runes, and rune sequences that i shall teach you in focci crafting." Sidir explained. "The runes that I put on the focci I craft do use those rare runes I just mentioned occasionally. It really depends on the type of focci. But the main runes I use absorb the magic that is naturally released from our bodies. For example, your wand that I crafted has a smokey quarts that I imbued with runes. I assume that you carry your wand on you most of, if not all the time?" Sidir asked.

"I keep it on me, and use it often." Harry said.

"Good, that means that your left over magic has been absorbed by the runes. The three runes that I carved into your wand are the Greek strengthening rune, absorbing rune, and the control rune. The absorbing rune is important because it absorbs your left over magic that leaves your body every second of your life. This makes it so that no one else can use your wand. The strengthening rune uses the magic from the absorbing rune to protect your wand. It makes it so that if your wand is directly attacked, then most spells will be ineffective. Now, this happens over years, and will slowly get stronger, not straight away. The last rune helps you will lessening how much magic you expel from your body, as it states, it increases your control. If you expel less magic, you have more to use." Sidir explained.

"OK, that makes more sense now." Harry said.

"And you're second question?" Sidir asked.

"Do you get a lot of business?" Harry asked.

"And why, pray tell, is that your question?" Sidir asked a bit upset.

"I want to know so that I could form some idea of how my training will go. Will I be doing hands on with reading? Or will I be observing you while you tell me what is going on?" Harry asked.

"Ah, I understand now. As for your training, it will be both until you are at a high enough level of skill. But my business is a bit, different." Sidir said. "Have you ever heard of Portal Keepers?" Sidir asked.

"I actual am one myself." Harry said.

"Be careful with that knowledge, Portal Keepers are extremely rare, and extremely sought after. Do not divulge that information until you can trust the person with your life." Sidir said. "But, since you have knowledge of Portal Keepers, my explanation will be shortened. My shop exists in a pocket realm, but the door and front of the shop show up all over the world. Who shows up, and for what reason is entirely up to fate and luck." Sidir said.