Chapter 11

Hello Ladies and Germs! People have recognized a few things that don't add up. Hopefully this chapter will clear it up. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! There was a guy, except he was facing that way. WRONG SHOW!

The dinner that night was slightly awkward, as everyone stared at either the children-who-lived or their apparent brother. Harry had his Occlumency shields all the way up, repressing his emotions. Daphne would glance at Harry every so often, staring until Harry caught her eye. She would blush and quickly go back to her food. Internally Harry was smirking at the girl, yet seething at the fact that Hogwarts had not recognized him as Hadrian Thornwood. I wonder how long it will take before they ask about my heritage, or try to establish some form of dominance? Harry thought to himself, catching another blushing Daphne staring at him.

"Can I help you Ms. Greengrass?" Harry ask, eyebrow raised. Daphne blushed harder before steeling her gaze.

"As you said, our relationship is not at the right level. But I can I ask about your cat?" She asked with a small smile.

"Sure." Harry said, putting Selena on his shoulder. "This is Selena. She's an Ice Leopard. She's also my familiar." Harry said with a smile. The people in the immediate area's eye's widened at this statement.

"A familiar?!" Tracey exclaimed.

"Yep. We met a few years ago in fact. She was abandoned by her mother and I took her in. Or should I say she never left after she jumped on me?" Harry asked, looking at Selena. Selena just purred and rubbed her cheek on Harry's.

"How do you know that she was abandoned?" Daphne asked.

"She was malnourished and sickly when she jumped on me." Harry explained.

"Aw, poor thing. Why didn't the familiar shop owner take better care of her? The prices there are pretty expensive because of how rare and well kept the creatures are." Daphne questioned. Everyone near them also listened in.

"I didn't buy her from a familiar shop. I met her in Tibet." Harry said like it was the simplest thing. Everyone was more shocked at this. "What were you doing in Tibet?" Blaise asked.

"None of your business." Harry said before Dumbledore stood back up at the podium.

"Now that we're all fed and watered, I must say keep you here for a few start of term announcements. First years should note that the Forbidden forest is in fact forbidden, something some of our older students should remember." Dumbledore said, looking at two redheaded twins. "Mr. Filch, our caretaker, has also requested that you be reminded that magic should not be used in the corridors. Quidditch trials shall be held in the second week of term. If you are interested in trying out, please seek out Madam Hooch. Finally, this year, the third floor corridor on the right-hand side, is in fact out of bounds to anyone who doesn't wish to die a painful death." Dumbledore said, shocking everyone, while Harry sweat dropped.

"Now that that is out of the way, it's bedtime. Off you trot!" Dumbledore said, dismissing the students.

"Alright first year Slytherin's follow me." Said a dark brunette girl. The prefect led them out of the great hall and down towards the dungeons. "Keep up First years!" She said, not turning around. After about a five minute walk the group of first years arrived at seemingly empty wall. The only distinguishable thing on the wall was an inlaid carving of a snake. "Alright everyone. This is the entrance to the common rooms. The password changes every two weeks. Do not bring anyone from other houses here, and do not give out the password. We shall explain why later. The password for these two weeks is Serpent. If you forget, you better find a friend." The prefect said before turning to the wall. "Serpent."

A portion of the stones sunk into the wall before a large crack in the masonry formed, creating a sort of door. The stones then started to shuffle around, not unlike the stone wall in Diagon alley. Pretty soon there was a hole large enough to fit the half giant that escorted the first years to the castle. "Alright everyone, welcome to the Slytherin common room." The girl said as she opened a door at the end of the tunnel. The common room opened to a staircase leading downward so that the low ceiling rose much higher. The room itself was a large strangely shaped room, having sharp corners in some places, while having rounded edges in others. There were two large sitting areas, having two couches each, a coffee table, and two arm chairs. Between the two couches were end tables, and each were faced towards magical fireplaces that had silver fire.