Chapter 12

Hello Ladies and Germs! This summer had been super hectic, I hope the information helped you all to understand some of the background. I believe that was everything i needed to say, if not, oh well. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! A merry unbirthday to you. To me? WRONG SHOW!

"So how went the meeting?" Blaise said as Harry laid down on his bed.

"Wonderful." Harry said sarcastically.

"That bad huh?" Blaise asked.

"Yep. I just hope Dumbledore accepts my papers." Harry said, as the topic had not come up at any point.

"Your apprenticeship papers? Why would he deny it?" Blaise asked.

"Dumbledore and I don't see eye to eye on particular subjects, he may see this as a form of blackmail." Harry explained.

"He doesn't seem the type to resort to blackmail." Blaise said, stroking a nonexistent beard. "What do you require the papers for anyway?" Blaise asked.

"The papers allow me access to all of the grounds, permitted i have an escort for the dangerous ones. It also allows me to collect materials from the greenhouses." Harry explained.

"Why do you need plant materials for focci?" Blaise asked.

"I'm going to assume that you believe that focci are mainly wands, staffs, and occasionally weapons. Focci are actually more than that. There are tomes, orbs, accessories, clothes, all sorts of things. A crafter requires materials from all over the world if they are to be any good." Harry explained.

"Interesting. And just why do you need these materials?" Blaise asked.

"Seeing as how this information isn't very valuable I will tell you. I'm currently in the early stages of the adepts test." Harry said.

"That's impressive for one our age." Blaise said.

"I've worked hard to get where I am." Harry said.

"Good." Blaise said, causing Harry to give him a questioning look.

"If you are to stand up to Malfoy successfully, you will need that conviction." Blaise said.

"Not that I'm flattered, but why do you care?" Harry asked.

"While the Zabini family has political clout in Italy, I am much more open to attack here in the UK. Besides, I'm not interested in being controlled by anyone whose name means Bad faith." Blaise smirked.

"Very well then. Since I revealed to you some of my life, why don't you tell me some of yours? You know, a trade?" Harry asked.

"Very well. My family is considered a most ancient and noble house of Italy. The Zabini's have been around since the Roman empire. We are considered Pureblood, but we are marry Half and occasionally Muggleborn." Blaise explained.

"I do not buy into the blood supremacy as most do here in the UK. I do believe that a families age does matter, and family magic being important, I also believe that Muggleborns should learn about our culture and ways. But other than that I don't care." Harry said.

"Good to know." Blaise said.

"So what's magical Italy like?" Harry asked.

"It's a lot like magical Britain in the case of government, but more Newblood. There's also four large magical zones. Rome, Florence, Sicily, and Venice."

"Sounds nice. I hope to travel there someday, the whole world really." Harry said, scratching Selena's back.

"Well, you've been to China and Tibet it sounds like." Blaise said.