Chapter 17

Hello Ladies and Germ! I hope everyone liked the twist i added there in the last chapter, also, I'm sick! So updates on everything will be slow as i heal and go through finals. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! Boys and girls of every age. Wouldn't you like to see something strange? WRONG SHOW!

Last time:

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! Just thought you ought to know." Quirrell said before fainting on his face. Everyone was silent for a moment.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!" The crowd yelled. Chaos reigned in the great hall as children screamed and paniced.

"SILEEEEENCE!" Dumbledore yelled, silencing the crowd. "Prefects! Escort the students to the common rooms and keep the doors locked. We will alert you when the threat is over." Dumbledore said before summoning the professors to his side. As they marched through the doors, the prefects took control of the students.

"Quickly, one behind the other. Everyone together!" The prefects ordered. The Slytherins and Hufflepuff made it to their rooms the fastest, being a level below the great hall. "Go to your rooms! We will be here in case the Troll shows up." Gemma said to the others. Harry motioned to Daphne and Tracey to follow them to their room.

"Surprising that we actually followed Dumbledore's orders, since the troll was reported to be down here." Harry said as they sat on the beds. Selena was in Harry's arms, purring as Harry petted her head.

"Yeah, why did we do that?" Tracey realized.

"Because he is the king." Harry said. Daphne and Blaise looked at him confused. "Dumbledore is the leader of the light and hailed as this millenniums Merlin. People assume the sheep mentality and follow him near blindly." Harry explained.

"Then why did you go along as well?" Daphne asked.

"Because things don't add up. Actually a few things don't." Harry said.

"Like what?" Daphne asked.

"For one, what was Quirrell doing in the dungeons. Next, how did a Troll get in, and down to the dungeons for Quirrell to "find"?" Harry asked.

"Are you suggesting Quirrell let the Troll in?" Tracey asked.

"I am. And think about it. There are Wards to stop powerful creatures from entering the castle. And while Trolls are strong, they are not smart enough, or subtle enough to get in without more than just Quirrell finding it."

"Also, his behavior was very strange when alerting the school." Harry explained.

"He didn't stutter." Blaise realized.

"He also fainted, onto his face. Now I'm no expert, but people don't faint onto their faces unless they are on a slope." Harry said. Everyone sat in silence.

"I have a thought." Harry said. Everyone turned their attenion to him. "You remember, how at the beginning of the year, Dumbledore said that we should avoid the third floor?"

"Yeah he said that it was forbidden." Tracey said.

"That's the thing, he didn't say forbidden. He said out of bounds, unless you want a terrible death." Harry explained. "Two things stick out from that statement. He said out of bounds, as if it were a type of game. He also informed us of a danger in the actual castle. The troll could have been part of the danger, but escaped."

"So if there is a danger and its a game, who are the player's?" Daphne asked.

"And what is the prize?" Blaise finished.

An hour later, the students were let out of their rooms. "The troll's been taken care of." Snape said to the crowd, a wave of relief decended on the Slytherins. "Class is still in session tomorrow, so I recommend getting some sleep." Snape informed before leaving the common room.