Chapter 24

Hello Ladies and Germs! I'm planning to go back and update the first however many chapters I wrote where my writing style was trash. Here's the second chapter I wrote after my self exile from the story. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! I've got the madness! I've got it too! I've got Cabin fever! WRONG SHOW!

"Ah, Welcome back Harry!" Ambrose said from the communal painting that hung in the kitchen. The Hogwarts express had gotten there at night, as per usual, and so Harry had not greeted his Grandfather yet.

"Hello Grandpa. How was the semester with me being gone?" Harry asked.

"Quite dull. There's only so much Remus can do to keep me occupied. But, fear not, Great Grandfather Redmund's portrait has nearly absorbed enough ambient magic to awaken. I haven't seen him since I was a child, so it will be great to have some more company." Ambrose smiled. You see, when a portait is under the stasis charm for long enough, they become bewitched, and require a highly magical area to unlock the spell. The longer they were bewitched, the longer it takes for them to become reanimated.

"That's great news! I can't wait to meet another relative." Harry smiled as he sat down at the informal dining table. Remus was already up and reading the paper, a cup of tea next to him.

"Yes, Ambrose hasn't shut up about it for weeks now. And I can only tell so many stories or play so many games of chess until we both are bored." Remus said not looking up from the Daily Prophet. Pipit popped in next to Harry before setting a plate down and popping away.

"Oh, Uncle Moony, how are you feeling? The full moon was a few nights ago after all." He asked.

"Fine now, though I did meet quite the peculiar owl after I transformed. If I hadnt annoyed it, I would have said it was a domesticated one. Why-" Remus said before a shadow flew over the window before a knocking could be heard on the window. Pipit appeared and opened it, allowing a snowy Owl to fly in and land on the back on an empty chair.

"I believe that is the same owl that I ran into." Remus said. "Nice to see you again Mr. Owl." Remus said. The owl barked at him and levelled a glare at the werewolf.

"I think she might be a lady Moony." Harry chuckled before holding out a piece of bacon for the bird. She gave out a confirmatory hoot before taking the meat with her beak.

"My apologies ma'am. But what are you doing in our Kitchen?" Remus asked.

"She seems too intelligent and well mannered to be a wild owl, she must be a post owl someone lost." Ambrose theorized. The owl barked again. "Perhaps you didn't like your last owner, or they are no longer amongst the living?"

She hooted once more before looking to Harry for another piece. Harry chuckled before handing her more bacon as his other hand stroked her head feathers. "Well, would you like to become the Family owl of the Thornwood clan?" Harry asked.

The owl nodded before taking his bacon. "Well then you need a name. Hm... how about... Hedwig?" Harry asked. Hedwig hooted, before flying onto Harry's arm. "Well then Hedwig, Welcome to the family. And, I have a few letters to send if you are up for it."

Hedwig puffed up her chest and hooted, causing the room to laugh. A half hour later, with breakfast over, and everyone getting ready for their days, Hedwig was off, with a few letters, flying off into the morning.

"Any luck with the Unspeakables?" Amelia asked.

"Nay, they say they can't take the spirit off our hands for two weeks. Something about a mix up with one of their experiments." Moody claimed from his spot opposite of the Director. Amelia sighed before pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Very well. Double the guards on that containment room." She instructed. With a grunt Moody hobled out of her office, muttering about constant vigilance. As Amelia took a sip of her tea, the postbox adjacent to her let out a ding as a letter shot out onto her desk.